My LS is struggling

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Got a few games under the belt now and im about 10 wins ds 5 losses LS for the 15 games i have played cant win with my LS and never seem to loose with my DS, is it my decks or does LS have a steeper learning curve?  Make a mistake VRS a the imp navy and they can blow you out by turn 3-4.  Empire seems to have more troopers and more smashing power then LS, and less pressure to make gambles due to the death clock being on there side.

DS seems so easy to me, Press when you can to take turns off the board,  bunker when you have the force, Choke them out when they attack, or zerg em with troopers and ties.

LS has some intense combos, Battlefield engineers are insane! but it seems you have to gamble more, if you bunker its just 1 less turn you have to destroy the objectives - and the longer you wait the better chance is your opponenet will have @ pulling there game winning cards.

Magni

Crybaby LS wuss

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#2 Roman_Sandal

Roman_Sandal

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Can you provide a little more info. is there a repeating issue/s that are constantly occuring which is causing you too lose? Eg. LS deck is taken to long to get going? Cost of your cards?

Also, i take it that this is all different LS decks against different opponents?

#3 gunslinger

gunslinger

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

I've only played it once and that was Jedi vs Sith.  Sith brought out a Rancor on the second turn and it was pretty much game over.  I guess the trick with LS is to hit hard and fast - they only need to destroy 3 objectives after all (or possibly just one against the Sith).  Get Red Five out ASAP !

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

gunslinger said:

I've only played it once and that was Jedi vs Sith.  Sith brought out a Rancor on the second turn and it was pretty much game over.  I guess the trick with LS is to hit hard and fast - they only need to destroy 3 objectives after all (or possibly just one against the Sith).  Get Red Five out ASAP !

You did catch that the rancor can and will eat itself, right? Or other DS units.

#5 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Played a bunch more games as LS, finnaly started to win a few.  Switched from a Rebel ATTACK ATTACK deck to a Jedi control/survival deck instead.  My problem with the attack deck, is that i made an assumption about the game i think that LS as a whole would be better at attacking then DS.  Imperial Navy is by far the best attacking deck in the game, with my jedi i have been running

2x A heros Journey

2x In you must go (might switch this out for ben)

2x Rescue

2x Dantooine decoy

2x dagobah

Yoda in this deck does not seem to be pulling his weight, i would much rather have han (but i like degobah to much and its jedi only) or Old Ben but i like the Shii-cho style so much i have been keeping yoda.  Between the double strikes and the Trust your feeligns luke becomes a wreckingball in this deck, the guardians make him not suffer tatics dmg through shielding.  and suck up any dmg that me might take.  Redemption makes him return to my hand if he dies.

The other thing about SW i have learned is if your oponenet gives you the opportunity to dump your hand on Edge battle and you need new cards take the mulligan and get to your combo cards.  I still feel as through rebel is much more challenging then DS, Navy his so hard you have to play defencive leaving an opening or not have enough units can lead to Moff killing 3 objectives in 1 turn easly.  And Sith are just wonderfull at killing off low priced units and exausting your good units.

Anywhoo switching to Jedi from rebel helped alot, maybe i just dont know what the rebel deck is all about yet.

Magni

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#6 Roman_Sandal

Roman_Sandal

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

We have played 3 games with the starters straight out the box (for the sake of learning). All games have been Rebel Alliance vs Sith and LS is 3-0. 

In just these 3 games we have learnt a lot. 1st game the Sith losing an edge battle on turn two was game over from then (2 many eggs in one basket and twist of fate lol). Learnt - the importance of edge battles.

the other two games the sith has had no response to home one and ackbar at this stage.

We are also having a zero knowledge tourny - all players using starting decks that havent played before or have only played a few games. The idea is to learn who is who in the zoo, what does what, any combos and hopefully the different playing styles of each affiliation. 

#7 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

I have been playing with the pre-built decks, mostly Jedi Vs. Sith, and have caught a serious beatdown from the Jedi when playing as the Sith. Yoda with a couple of attachments on him just gets sickening to try to deal with. Plus, there is a lot of damage-diversion. I try to damage a certain objective, the Jedi divert the damage, I try to damage Yoda, some minor character ends up taking the hit. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#8 tijuanadagger

tijuanadagger

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

We played our first games last night. Back when the rulebook came out, my first impression was that DS would have a very strong advantage because of the win condition. LS has won every game we have played. Games tend to flow towards the DS player but then out of nowhere the LS is able to string together a couple of conflicts that gives them the victory.

Two cards that I think need special attention after reading this post are the Rancor and Jedi Mind Trick. Rancor is really the DS version of Skywalker in terms of Unit destroyer. With the Rancor you just simply draw into the right tools(tactics) to deal with him. Card draw is so fast that you will see something before he is able to eat more than 2 guys. While most people sound like they consider Rancor a game changer, I would like to point out the power of Jedi Mind Trick. Unless it is cancelled, it flat out stops every unit with the low low cost of 1 resource and it comes from the hand giving the opponent no way to prepare for it.

Just my two cents.

#9 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Tactics doesn't stop the rancor from eating things… The only thing to help with that is not giving him targets to eat so that he starts munching on DS units or himself.

#10 tijuanadagger

tijuanadagger

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I didn't mean for it to sound like Tactics stops the Rancor's ability. I didn't clarify that very well, my apologizes. I was trying to imply that Tactics stops him from destroying units in Conflicts. In the games we have played so far that is where he is the craziest. He is an excellent stall card to make the LS not attack because if the DS wins the Edge battle, the LS will lose its best unit.  His ability can be beneficial to the LS player if the right strategy is used, so far only his Conflict attacks have been the difficult part to deal with.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS