• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hi there! 

Since we dont have the kessel run stuff in the uk yet im just wondering what does the boost icon do?  Im planning on running an interceptor squad when they get here so im kind curious as to what they are fully capable of!

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

The boost action allows you to make a speed one straight or bank move.

#3 alexhickman

alexhickman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

The Boost Action (I think its an action, don't have it in front of me) allows you to take a '1' Straight or Shallow turn, before you perform your maneuver.

Alex H

#4 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Thats an awesome way of losing stress before your main move, it also makes soontir fel make a lot more sense!

#5 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Someone posted a picture of the Boost Refrence Card on another thread.

http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=758021

#6 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

deviant-dj said:

Hi there! 

Since we dont have the kessel run stuff in the uk yet im just wondering what does the boost icon do?  Im planning on running an interceptor squad when they get here so im kind curious as to what they are fully capable of!

I played in a Kessel Run in Leeds on Saturday, and I know there have been others in the UK. :P

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder or see the 45,000+ squadrons other players have created.

· I also have a page of my other RPG and board game stuff.

· Currently, I'm backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we've got to: Travels With Triplets.

#7 Gangrel

Gangrel

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

We have had Kessel Run events in the UK!  :-)  The boost icon allows you to take an action to make a further '1' move left, right, or straight, after you've completed your planned move. Perfect for fine tuning your line of sight on a target, or for trying to get away from an enemy's guns. Hope that helps.

#8 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

We've yet to get ours up in soctland yet sadly! But i know there is a big one in january up here

#9 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

deviant-dj said:

Thats an awesome way of losing stress before your main move, it also makes soontir fel make a lot more sense!

That would be awesome, but it doesn't work like that.  First as an Action you can only perform it after you move.  Second you could not do it if you had a Stress token, only after removing it as a Green move.  Third it doesn't count as a Green move any more than a Barrel Roll does.

Still it is a good thing to have in the old bag of tricks to be sure.  Cheers.

#10 saiharris

saiharris

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Doesnt count as a green maneuver so you keep your stress

#11 deviant-dj

deviant-dj

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

It may not lose stress but it is good for line breaking

#12 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

saiharris said:

Doesnt count as a green maneuver so you keep your stress

If you are stressed you can no do it as it is an action….so yes you keep your stress.

HTH,

#13 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

deviant-dj said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is a green 1.  The boost action itself doesn't get rid of stress.  In fact, if you have just performed a stresful manuver you probably don't get an action so you can't do a boost.

The real advantage of the boost, is like barrel roll.  It lets you modify your movement durring the durring the action phase (not planning) so you can react to where other ships are.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#14 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hrathen said:

deviant-dj said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is a green 1.  The boost action itself doesn't get rid of stress.  In fact, if you have just performed a stresful manuver you probably don't get an action so you can't do a boost.

The real advantage of the boost, is like barrel roll.  It lets you modify your movement durring the durring the action phase (not planning) so you can react to where other ships are.

It is not a green maneuver, it is not even a maneuver at all.  

#15 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yes, the card specifically states that it "does not count as executing a maneuver." But as deviant-dj said, you can remove stress by doing a green maneuver and then boost to get yourself in a more advantageous position, especially considering firing arc. With the smaller ships, a one-bank move followed by a one-bank boost  (in the same direction) is a little bit longer that a three turn, and gets you turned the full 90 degrees, which may swing your arc around enough to get the shot you couldn't with just 45 degrees. And a 2 straight plus boost is exactly the same as a four straight, which might put you within range to take the shot you couldn't with just the green maneuver. And with the large-based ships, it covers even more distance…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS