The list I took to Kessel Run (Empire)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Toboe

Toboe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

This is the list I took to the Kessel Run event at my Local Game store and I took second overall (I feel that the Preconstructed list was in favor of Rebel, but I conceded in the final because everyone else was done)

Darth Vader

- Swarm Tactics

- Cluster Missles

Howlrunner

- Swarm Tactics

Dark Curse

Black Squadron Pilot x 1

Academy Pilot x 1

100 points

Strategy:  Keeping formation with range one of howlrunner and vader, use the higher pilot skill to tag team targets with rerolls, taking out high threat targets first.  Vader having 2 actions, getting a target lock and focus and firing the cluster missles at a y wing, I can take it down after the hit with a pilot skill 9 academy pilot For The Win!

weakness: Having two, really one, big target that has very little shields, one good volley of blasters and my combo is Force Choked.  Most opponents tried to take out the Lower skill pilots to try to take out my cohesion, but that strategy proved insignificant.  Vader also became a big target, but he is hard to kill.  almost as hard as dark curse, that everyone avoided shooting at.

Round 1: vs 3 Y-wing

Combo played well when focused on a single y wing, my opponent was unlucky with his ion shots.

Round 2: vs 3 Y-wing

This was the player that I had practiced against, and knowing his play style helped me defeat him.  Plus he wanted to run proton torpedoes, and I stayed in his face at range 1.

round 3: Kessel Run Pre-Con list (Empire)

Enjoyed playing with the new models, but my lack of research into the new ships left me making novice mistakes with VERY fast Ships.  Rolled one hit in three rounds of combat, my dice were tired.  Decided to concede since everyone else watched waiting for prizes. 

My opponent took Millenium Falcon (Duh!) and I took Tie Interceptor since I hadn't preordered it already, making third place very happy.

Let me know what you think of the list, try it out and I know you'll have fun with it.

#2 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

When I play against ANY list that includes Howlrunner, she is my first target. Always.

#3 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

I don't think that the Rebel list is any more powerful than the Imperial list. I do think that the Imperial list had a steeper learning curve, especially with the Firespray vs Falcon.

#4 resCube

resCube

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for sharing your build list

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS