Photo

I need to know. Is this game a one box, two box, or three box?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

The Deck list given in the article on the ffg home page gave multiple copies of certain objective sets. Does this mean I need to buy multiple copies of the core? Am I just going to have to open one right after I buy it to find out?

But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Considering it is max of two for most objectives two core sets is all you would ever need. 

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

The core set comes with 1 of every objective set (and an extra copy of a couple of the neutral objectives).  To be able to build any deck possible, all you will need is 2 copies of the core set.  I'm personally considering getting a 3rd copy purely to keep the 4 intro decks from the core set put together for teaching people… but that's only if you're as crazy as me.  Otherwise, get 2 and have fun.

#4 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

To clairfy on Toqtamish, the game is complete and playable as a single box purchase. Buying two core sets will allow you to deckbuild with maximum allowable objectives sets. The deckbuilding rules state that you can only have up to two objective sets in a legal deck. Purchasing two core sets will allow you to do this, but it will also leave you with some "extra" objective sets (the limit 1 per deck sets). Completionists will want to purchase two core sets. Competitive players that don't like tearing apart decks may want to purchase three or more core sets so they can have a full deck for each of the six factions.

I myself am purchasing two core sets. I will use a Dominion style deck box to slot the objective sets and just store decklists in the box and pull and shuffle as needed.

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

FiendishDevil said:

I myself am purchasing two core sets. I will use a Dominion style deck box to slot the objective sets and just store decklists in the box and pull and shuffle as needed.

That's a nice idea.  It would give me a use for all the Dominion dividers that I'm not using since combining all of my Dominion sets into one box…

#6 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

FiendishDevil said:

To clairfy on Toqtamish, the game is complete and playable as a single box purchase. Buying two core sets will allow you to deckbuild with maximum allowable objectives sets. The deckbuilding rules state that you can only have up to two objective sets in a legal deck. Purchasing two core sets will allow you to do this, but it will also leave you with some "extra" objective sets (the limit 1 per deck sets). Completionists will want to purchase two core sets. Competitive players that don't like tearing apart decks may want to purchase three or more core sets so they can have a full deck for each of the six factions.

Thanks Guys! I'm looking forward to playing this game. I'm hoping to have it by Christmas…maybe I can find a copy of dominion to sort it all out & store it.cafe

But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.

#7 Metropolis Games

Metropolis Games

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Why two copies of the "Limit 1" neutral objective? I'll have spares when I pick up my 2nd box…

#8 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Metropolis Games said:

Why two copies of the "Limit 1" neutral objective? I'll have spares when I pick up my 2nd box…

I'm pretty sure it's so you can have all 4 starter decks built at the same time. Kind of ridiculous, though, since it's not like you could have two games going at the same time. It wouldn't have been much harder to just leave that objective out until you've chosen your affiliation, then shuffle it in. Oh well. It's only 12 cards.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#9 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Budgernaut said:

Metropolis Games said:

I'm pretty sure it's so you can have all 4 starter decks built at the same time. Kind of ridiculous, though, since it's not like you could have two games going at the same time. It wouldn't have been much harder to just leave that objective out until you've chosen your affiliation, then shuffle it in. Oh well. It's only 12 cards.

Keep in mind that FFG also wants to push their specialty sleeves, and most players who buy these prefer to use diferent designs for each deck, to make them readily distinguishable. For those players, unsleeving and then resleeving these cards could quickly become a nuisance.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#10 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

MarthWMaster said:

Budgernaut said:

Metropolis Games said:

Keep in mind that FFG also wants to push their specialty sleeves, and most players who buy these prefer to use diferent designs for each deck, to make them readily distinguishable. For those players, unsleeving and then resleeving these cards could quickly become a nuisance.

Exactly, I will have different sleeves for each faction.

#11 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Toqtamish said:

MarthWMaster said:

Budgernaut said:

Metropolis Games said:

Need more than 2 boxes then! Theoretically, would need like 6 boxes to have each faction have its own sleeves and 2x copy objective sets! XD

#12 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

FiendishDevil said:

Toqtamish said:

MarthWMaster said:

Budgernaut said:

Metropolis Games said:

Need more than 2 boxes then! Theoretically, would need like 6 boxes to have each faction have its own sleeves and 2x copy objective sets! XD

I won't be sticking to the prebuilt starter decks so I can mix some of them up with two core plus force packs. And I don't plan to play each faction just have different sleeves for the ones that I do. Need to get the game in my hands first to see which factions I will be picking.

#13 FLGMwt

FLGMwt

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well yeah, but then you'd have to buy three of EVERY force pack that had a neutral objective set.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS