• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bjackson123

bjackson123

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hello!

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, or if it's just so obvious I'm missing it, but I have a question. I've not played my first game yet, but I'm hoping to in the next day or two. However, I'm looking at the starters, and I noticed something that didn't make sense in the Jinteki deck.

Nisei MK II: Place 1 agenda counter on Nisei MK II when you score it.

I don't see the purpose for this. Once its scored, why would you want to put a counter on it? I'd love any guidance, or a link to a topic already clarifying/explaining this. I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

b.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

It also says Hosted Agenda Counter: End the Run. 

#3 bjackson123

bjackson123

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Please don't take this as a shot, it isn't one. I'm legitimatly brand new to this and for some reason I'm finding the rulebook kind of confusing. Is that an answer to my question? If it is, I'm missing more than I thought I was, and would appreciate further explination. Unfortunatly I don't know anyone around here who can teach me to play, so I'm forced to try to figure it out on my own. Otherwise I'd just ask a local player.

b.

#4 dancingcrab

dancingcrab

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

bjackson123 said:

Please don't take this as a shot, it isn't one. I'm legitimatly brand new to this and for some reason I'm finding the rulebook kind of confusing. Is that an answer to my question? If it is, I'm missing more than I thought I was, and would appreciate further explination. Unfortunatly I don't know anyone around here who can teach me to play, so I'm forced to try to figure it out on my own. Otherwise I'd just ask a local player.

b.

• When you score the agenda in question, it goes to your score zone with one 'agenda' counter on it.

• The second part of the card reads: Hosted Agenda counter: End the run. Using a hosted [type] counter on any card is considered an activated ability.

• By spending the hosted counter, you may activate the ability, which ends a run. This can happen at any time you are permitted to use activated abilities.

• Obviously, this can only happen once per card as they only come loaded with one counter :-)

#5 bjackson123

bjackson123

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

OOHH!!!!

So, even though the card has scored, it's still in play. You can still activate the special ability by spending the agenda counter.

So, at any time after the card has scored, one time you can use the counter to end a run. After that, Nisei MK II does nothing but provide me with points.

Do I have the gist of it?

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

bjackson123 said:

OOHH!!!!

So, even though the card has scored, it's still in play. You can still activate the special ability by spending the agenda counter.

So, at any time after the card has scored, one time you can use the counter to end a run. After that, Nisei MK II does nothing but provide me with points.

Do I have the gist of it?

After it is scored is the only time you can remove the counter. And after that yes it just provides the points towards your 7.

This is all in the rules. Page 22 under Hosting.

#7 dancingcrab

dancingcrab

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Yup! You have the gist. All scored cards go to a score zone/place. For the runner, they are inert, only offering agenda points. For the corp, they usually offer various advantages whilst in the score zone, and are thus considered 'active'. However, the runner cannot interact with scored agendas.

Edited my answer to make it a little clear (I hope).

#8 bjackson123

bjackson123

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Toqtamish said:

After it is scored is the only time you can remove the counter. And after that yes it just provides the points towards your 7.

I figured it was, but for some reason I'm finding the rulebook extremely confusing. I usually can pick up a new game, glance through the materials, read the book and I'm good to go. But for some reason, this book just isn't making as much sense to me. I've read it thrice, and I just seemed to be missing the point on this one. Thanks for the help!

#9 bjackson123

bjackson123

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

dancingcrab said:

Yup! You have the gist. All scored cards go to a score zone/place. For the runner, they are inert, only offering agenda points. For the corp, they usually offer various advantages whilst in the score zone, and are thus considered 'active'. However, the runner cannot interact with scored agendas.

Edited my answer to make it a little clear (I hope).

Yeah, that makes it exceptionally clear. I appreciate it a lot! Is there a rep system on these forums? If so you have one coming your way, if not, then you'll have to settle for my grattitude!

Thanks again!

b.

#10 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

bjackson123 said:

Toqtamish said:

I figured it was, but for some reason I'm finding the rulebook extremely confusing. I usually can pick up a new game, glance through the materials, read the book and I'm good to go. But for some reason, this book just isn't making as much sense to me. I've read it thrice, and I just seemed to be missing the point on this one. Thanks for the help!

play a practice game against yourself it helps. 

#11 bjackson123

bjackson123

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Toqtamish said:

play a practice game against yourself it helps. 

Yeah, I think that's the plan. I just wanted to make sure i had a handle on some of the concepts i wasn't sure about. That way I wouldn't be learning with mis-information. Seems like a great game, so I want to play it right. I figure eventually I'll get it. If I can get L5R down tight I'm sure I'll eventually be able to figure this down. :P

b.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS