Our Girl Leia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Was Dojoing Leia in my head, and i was thinking about some stuff/combos off her + also

1.  Captured units our flipped face down and considered blank, and upon rescue are returned to you hand so if leia is captured you can always play her again if you have her next round?

2.  what is "leaves play" is it as open as i think it is, any card returning her to my hand, sacrificing, or "destroying" her forces her to leave play - so on A new hope, crossfire, or fall back, or your my only hope, all trigger Leias interupt and primary card text making her impossible to kill or remove from the table?

3.  Also, Redemption the jedi unique ship - Interupt: When a charecter unit is destroyed, return it to its owners hand instead of placing it in its owners discard pile.  How does this work with Leia what takes precidence here? would it not do anything because she never enters the discard pile and is never destroyed?

Essentialy what im asking is can i ever return leia to my hand or is that still leaving play.

Magni

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#2 musket_max

musket_max

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

The Redemption one has been covered before iirc, I think the consensus was that she is not destroyed, there is an alternate effect on her being 'destroyed' so Redemption has no effect. If there was some way of cancelling character effects like in The Game of Thrones LCG then I'd imagine Leia could be saved by Redemption.

#3 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Good to know, i still cant find anything in the rulebook on the the strictness or looseness of "leaving play", it seems its a pretty open term.

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#4 Andur Saibot

Andur Saibot

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

As far I understand:

1- Yes, you can play her again.

2- Yes, all of those thing triggers Leia's abilities (passive and interrupt). BUT…

3- With Redemption, for example, if you decide to take her back to your hand before removing the focus tokens, she gets captured and you cannot remove them because she is no longer in play (because taking her back to your hand triggers her constant and she is captured). So, careful with the order you play interrupts when Leia is in her way to jail.

Now my question is: can I still take another character back to my hand with Redemption (once per turn) after trying to take Leia given the fact that she didn't came back?

#5 musket_max

musket_max

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

I think the attempt at taking her back to your hand counts as the Limit once per round. Action interrupts later on will probably make this more clear, but I always took it that as soon as you initiate the action, regardless of success, the limit is met.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS