Me and my friends just bought this game and had our first run at it. We had a blast but realized we pretty much all played without any specific strategy haha. But I can see the potential of the strategy complexity in the future when we get more familiarized witht he game.
Anyway, there was one situation which became a bit wierd. which I couldn't find any answer to in the rules or forum:
1. During Saurons action move, he moves one of his minions into a hero location.
2. During the heroes turn he can't rest since minion on his space and he now get's ambushed by the minion.
3. The hero does not defeat the minion, (they both fight until they get exausted). The hero is left with 0 cards in his hand and can't move away from the location.
4. So Sauron keeps the minion on the same space. The question is will the hero be ambushed again his next turn?
- If yes, and the hero knows he will loose next fight can he just declare defeated and get teleported to a heaven so that he can play his turn normally next turn?
Also 2 more questions:
1. In hero travel step, he goes to a location with a monster/minion and fights but neither wins the fight (both fights until exhausted). Does this mean that the hero is defeated and his turn ends?
2. If a hero gets ambushed and again neither wins the fight (they both fight to exhausted) does this mean the player can continue exploring the location?