Photo

Now taking bets for final sale price of all the Kessel run ships on ebay…

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 FLGMwt

FLGMwt

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I figured the big ships would fetch $100+ and the small ones at least $50. What about you guys? Are you going to / would you keep the ships?

#2 SaintGordon

SaintGordon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I will keep my ships.

I would never sell them.

#3 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'm keeping mine. Got Slave-I, my buddy got the Falcon and immidately put it up on Ebay. Sure he can get more for it from people who don't have the patience to wait a few months for the release. To me that Slave-I has a lot more value, not because I won it. That it represents to me meeting some really cool people, having a fun time playing a game we all enjoy together, and spending time with people who like the some of the same things I do. No amount of money can equel out what it means to me.

#4 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

No intention of selling my Slave 1.  I am watching a couple on E-bay out of curiosity though. ;)

#5 DekoPuma

DekoPuma

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

I know at least one Falcon sold for the Buy It Now price of $250 already.

#6 Demerean

Demerean

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

I was the TO and recieved an A-Wing and Tie Interceptor. They are not going anywhere, and are already very open and have been played several times. But yeah, there are a ton of Slaves and Falcons on eBay for between 100- 150 buy it now. I will just wait 2-3 months, not that big of a deal. 

#7 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

I won a TIE Interceptor and my girlfriend won an A-Wing.  While we could sell them, it would just mean I would have to re-buy them in a couple of months anyways, so for the extra (at best) $20/ship I might get from someone not patient enough to wait, I'd rather keep the souveniers of our tourney run together.

It was her first time ever doing something like that, so she was happy to win something.

Also, by keeping them, we have them to use in all our games between now and when the next wave comes out.

Had we managed to take home a Slave I or Falcon, I wouldn't sell them either, for the same reasons above.  Also, I feel bad for exploiting someone's inability to wait for the model to come out by raking them over the coals for an extra $100.  Maybe if I made a business out of it, but for a one-off thing, I'd rather not bother.

Side note, because obviously all the boxes were opened at the Kessel Run for the final match, somehow I got an extra copy of the Avenger pilot for the TIE Interceptor.  I'm going to swing by the store today and drop it off, in case they have the means to contact the guy who won the other one.

#8 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

I won multiple Slave-1's and I am going to see what I can get for them on ebay /shrug may as well. I will just buy them when they come out. If they don't sell then I get to keep the models and no harm no foul.

#9 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Out of the two ship options I wouldn't doubt if the Slave-1's go for more. In the games I have used them in they out perform the Falcons and as significantly cheaper point wise too.

#10 bayruun

bayruun

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

My Rebels badly need the A-Wings I won, and I really like TIE Interceptors. I'd only consider selling the larger ships since I prefer fighters, and I'd probably do that locally for fair prices. It's a moot point, since it doesn't look like I'll win one, and if I did I'd probably trade it to the tournament organizer for his fighters.

"Some goals are so worthy it is glorious even to fail."

#11 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

cleardave said:

I won a TIE Interceptor and my girlfriend won an A-Wing.  While we could sell them, it would just mean I would have to re-buy them in a couple of months anyways, so for the extra (at best) $20/ship I might get from someone not patient enough to wait, I'd rather keep the souveniers of our tourney run together.

It was her first time ever doing something like that, so she was happy to win something.

Also, by keeping them, we have them to use in all our games between now and when the next wave comes out.

Had we managed to take home a Slave I or Falcon, I wouldn't sell them either, for the same reasons above.  Also, I feel bad for exploiting someone's inability to wait for the model to come out by raking them over the coals for an extra $100.  Maybe if I made a business out of it, but for a one-off thing, I'd rather not bother.

Side note, because obviously all the boxes were opened at the Kessel Run for the final match, somehow I got an extra copy of the Avenger pilot for the TIE Interceptor.  I'm going to swing by the store today and drop it off, in case they have the means to contact the guy who won the other one.

Congrats Dave.  How was the turnout?  What was your venue?  I just want to cross it off the list as many shops around here are going to be doing events over the next month.

#12 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

The R5Don4 Star II said:

Congrats Dave.  How was the turnout?  What was your venue?  I just want to cross it off the list as many shops around here are going to be doing events over the next month.

The venue was at Heavy Support Games in Toronto.  If "around here" means the Toronto area, send me that list, as I'd love to get in on another tourney or some kind of X-Wing game night.

#13 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

I won Slave 1 at one event, and a TIE Interceptor at another event.  I will not sell either because I'm looking forward to playing with them and they are associated with good memoreis and hard fought victories. 

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#14 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

El_Tonio said:

I won Slave 1 at one event, and a TIE Interceptor at another event.  I will not sell either because I'm looking forward to playing with them and they are associated with good memoreis and hard fought victories. 

Exactly.  Every time I play a TIE Interceptor, I'll remember how I clutched out the win in my second game by having my meek little Gold Squadron Pilot stay as best he could at Range 2 and drop Ion tokens on whatever TIE Fighter happened to be in range.

In that same match, I also had the lucky break of pulling Initiative by having my Rebels at 99pts.  When the battle was met, my Wedge moved first, and pulled a Target Lock on Vader, who wound up moving second and colliding with Wedge.  So, no two Actions from Darth, AND he couldn't Cluster Missile my Wedge out early.

Wedge had Swarm Tactics, so I used it to have a nearby Rookie Pilot, who was on Vader's flank at Range 1, light Vader up like a Christmas tree.  Gold Squadron Y-Wing was able to Focus on an Ion Token, so next turn, Vader had no choice but to drift forward 1 and get finished off by the Y-Wing while Wedge and a Rookie Pilot Swarm Tactics'ed out a TIE each turn.

My other Rookie Pilot was on a flank, and I played a little risky with him, probably moved through 5-6 asteroid tokens and only took one hit.  He baited a TIE into going after him, then went the other way and left that TIE out of most of the match.

My opponent played well, but that one collision with Vader was probably what lead to his ultimate defeat.  The Y-Wing on the periphery was just too "out of the way" to deal with, while 3 X-Wings were holding the middle, so the Y-Wing got to basically get away with dropping a Target Lock'ed Ion Token every turn.  That usually made it easy for an X-Wing to go after the disabled TIE, since I knew where it would move to.

I did ultimately lose Wedge and a Rookie Pilot as the match wore on, but in the end, my surving Rookie Pilot lost only one shield (to one of his many statistically anomalous trips through the asteroid tokens) and the Y-Wing lost one shield to a random TIE attack early in the game.

That 360 Ion Turret is easily my mainstay thing in a Rebel list now.

#15 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

cleardave said:

The R5Don4 Star II said:

The venue was at Heavy Support Games in Toronto.  If "around here" means the Toronto area, send me that list, as I'd love to get in on another tourney or some kind of X-Wing game night.

http://www.afewmaneu....php?f=15&t=495

Here you go.

#16 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

The R5Don4 Star II said:

The R5Don4 Star II said:

Here you go.

Thanks for that link.  I checked in with a few of them, and the only place that could confirm anything was Meeplemart, doing the event sometime in January.  Everyone else either isn't sure when, or has no idea there was even an event to begin with.

#17 Nazull

Nazull

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Im not selling my ships, But i am looking to get more of the cards from the slave 1

and Falcon

#18 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Nazull said:

Im not selling my ships, But i am looking to get more of the cards from the slave 1

and Falcon

The only way to get those cards is to buy the ships sadly. And right now the only way to get the ships is ebay. Hence I hope to sell my ships and maybe make a profit.

#19 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Denied said:

The only way to get those cards is to buy the ships sadly. And right now the only way to get the ships is ebay. Hence I hope to sell my ships and maybe make a profit.

I'll buy them off you at MSRP if you want some quick cash.  Since we all paid a nominal fee for entry, or nothing at all, you'll still be making a little profit on the transaction :P

#20 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

You sir are adorable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS