Jump to content



Photo

How about GoT for cheap, real cheap?


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Old Man

The Old Man

    Member

  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

At Amazon it was $19.99.  It started dropping about three days ago and is now $10.99 and eligable for free shipping.  I don't get it, but it's beyond a steal.



#2 FLGMwt

FLGMwt

    Member

  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Mine's on its way ;D The amazing thing is, the hobbit card game is $11.99 on amazon -.-



#3 The Old Man

The Old Man

    Member

  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

FLGMwt said:

Mine's on its way ;D The amazing thing is, the hobbit card game is $11.99 on amazon -.-

!!!

Something must be going on, but I don't know what.  GoT in theory is not an everlasting expanding game like AGoT.  I suspect we might see an expansion to make it playable 4-handed and perhaps a few other expansions.  But nothing like LCGs.  So what's the incentive to blow these out so cheap?



#4 FLGMwt

FLGMwt

    Member

  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

The Old Man said:

FLGMwt said:

 

Mine's on its way ;D The amazing thing is, the hobbit card game is $11.99 on amazon -.-

 

 

!!!

Something must be going on, but I don't know what.  GoT in theory is not an everlasting expanding game like AGoT.  I suspect we might see an expansion to make it playable 4-handed and perhaps a few other expansions.  But nothing like LCGs.  So what's the incentive to blow these out so cheap?

Sorry to disagree, but I doubt we'll be seeing any more of this game. It will probably stay in production at least until the new season ends, but this is not a game intended for gamers. It is a game for fans of the show and possibly books if they're not reader elitists ; D AGoT and the board game are for gamers. That's not to say these are mutually exclusive groups or that this is a money grab, I just feel like this is a one-off title. I would welcome an expansion as this is an interesting niche of the gaming market. This, the Spartacus game, and Cryptozoic's LotR deckbuilding game I feel form a entry point genre for a gateway market that is usually funneled to Arkham or Pandemic or the like. Just some thoughts. Cheers!



#5 The Old Man

The Old Man

    Member

  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Well, let's remember to check back at the end of next year to see who was right--it may indeed be you.  However, remember it, if things go right, should be on HBO for a number of years into the future.

Also it went back to $22 on Amazon.



#6 FLGMwt

FLGMwt

    Member

  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

The Old Man said:

Well, let's remember to check back at the end of next year to see who was right--it may indeed be you.  However, remember it, if things go right, should be on HBO for a number of years into the future.

Also it went back to $22 on Amazon.

Perfect time for mine to arrive ^.^ I think with the expansive card pool of the LCG and the games' core similarity, it might be considered a stepping stone. One thing I didn't consider is the card art. I'm a little less sure about expansions as some players may want a game for the show rather than for the universe. We shall see indeed ;D



#7 Morrissey

Morrissey

    Member

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

FLGMwt said:

this is not a game intended for gamers. It is a game for fans of the show and possibly books if they're not reader elitists ; D AGoT and the board game are for gamers.

What an extraordinarily elitist POV. I know plenty of gamers who are playing it.

Even hardcore gamers don't play hardcore games all the time. I know a guy who will play 15mm Napoleonics with 1000s of miniatures, then go and play fairly basic skirmish games with half a dozen 28mm miniatures.

Yet, in your world, apparantly he shouldn't do that as one game is for gamers, and the other's for noobs just getting into tabletop gaming.

Thankfully the people I spend my time with in real life, like that guy, see games as games, and don't draw elitist views about them.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS