An exciting execution sequence

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cybrown

cybrown

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

We played a 6-player game a week ago. 4 of us have played several times, but the other 2 had only played once or twice. Here's the exciting events that occurred:

Exodus w/ Cylon fleet & final five. Play order:

Me

Kat (in Brig)

Gaius

Callie

Helo

Starbuck

On my crisis, I had a "Player chooses" between an easy skill-check or losing morale, which had taken a hit already. I chose the skill-check, and Helo (one of the inexperience players) says "you know, I'm going to reveal myself as a cylon". We told him that he had to wait until his turn, and he said "Oh….uh, well in that case" and uses his once-per-game to change my choice. On Kat's turn, she immediately XOs Callie so she can execute Helo. Callie moves to Command where both Helo & I are located, and proceeds to execute…me! Callie uses her second action to reveal. In the meantime, I pick Adama as my new character to prevent Helo from keeping the Admiralty and playing "undercover". For my loyalty card, I then draw the Sympathizer and become a revealed Cylon! D'oh! Huge hit to the humans. Helo never revealed and was sent to the Brig a couple times, but the Cylons kept managing to vote him out when the humans were out of cards. At one point all three humans were in the Brig and Cylons were running amok. We won handily on morale. I love this game!

#2 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Sort of a "game over" sequence!  Were you relieved to be a Cylon, or were you wanting to be the underdog and fight it out?

Regarding: "Callie moves to Command where both Helo & I are located, and proceeds to execute…me! Callie uses her second action to reveal."

Unless you mean Callie was alread there… its "Move and Action", or "Action and Second Action", not both! 

Callie is the coolest support character just for the almighty "I will kill you" power…hehe.  "If you choose option x, I will come over there and kill you on my turn."  

#3 cybrown

cybrown

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

You're right, Callie must have just revealed on her turn maybe. I assume Gaius tried to Brig her but didn't succeed perhaps. I was sort of disappointed to be the Cylon, partially because being the Sympathizer is so unsatisfying, and because I was looking forward to the Admiralty. At least with the Cylon Fleet board there is more for the Sympathizer to do. I think humans could have won if I hadn't drawn the Sympathizer, but as it went they didn't have much hope.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS