• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

You can find the facebook event page here

Please save the date!  The Valar Midwestous Metagroup in Springfield, Missouri, in conjunction with the Team Covenanet metagroup from Tulsa, Oklahoma, will be hosting the 2nd annual Moonboy Classic from Feb. 1-3.  

Moonboy Classic, 2013-style

Friday - 7 PM Melee swiss
Saturday - 11 Am Melee final table
Saturday - 1 PM Joust Swiss
Saturday - 7 pm Joust Single Elims

As always, my home will be open to visitors looking for a place to stay

More information to come!

#2 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I am excite!

#3 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

poop, i promised the fam no traveling after worlds til next regionals season.

ps: where can those of without enough friends to necessitate a facebook page view this info?

#4 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

dcdennis said:

poop, i promised the fam no traveling after worlds til next regionals season.

ps: where can those of without enough friends to necessitate a facebook page view this info?

Highlight my original post…some of my text is black.   my copy and paste sucks

#5 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Feb 1st?  That's so early…. ugh.  I'll probably go anyway.

Wait, it's not gonna be in Oklahoma, is it?

#6 Twn2dn

Twn2dn

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Would love to attend this some day. This year isn't good though… My wife is due Feb 6. Looking forward to following the games online!

#7 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

7 PM Friday Feb. 1  - Melee Swiss 

11 Am Saturday Feb. 2 - Melee Finals

1 PM Saturday Feb. 2 - Joust Swiss

7 PM Saturday Feb. 2 - Joust Single Elim

Sunday is the NFL Super Bowl, so I doubt we have any official events.

#8 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Oh geeze, you scheduled this on Superbowl weekend? We're not going to have any out of towners.

Also, since it is Superbowl weekend, can we have a Sacko award?

#9 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Kennon said:

Oh geeze, you scheduled this on Superbowl weekend? We're not going to have any out of towners.

Also, since it is Superbowl weekend, can we have a Sacko award?

What are you talking about?  There is NO DOUBT that my GoT friends are my friends that are least interested in football than any other group of my friends.  Sure, there are the occasional few that love football, like Bruno, Ser Axle Rose, Clu and couple others…but I know many more that could not care less.

PLUS, we have no official Sunday Thrones events, so people can travel back for the super bowl, or they can just hangout and watch it here!!  If I get enough people that want to stay, I'll plan for a big Super Bowl shindig at my place

#10 mnBroncos

mnBroncos

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

since know you guys came up to mn for worlds i am just curious did you guys fly (if so whats cost) or if you drove how bad of a drive is it ha. because i would be interested in traveling to go to more tournements then just the two in mn and not sure which ones are the closes assuming your guys is one of the closer ones since just few states just straight down.Publish

#11 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Every time that I've made the trip, we've driven. It's a little boring because it is fairly long (and you have to drive through Iowa- ew :P) but not too bad. As long as you've got at least one buddy with you to chat about the game and refine your decks on the way, it's a pretty fun road trip. Directions are extremely easy as well. Most of the drive is a pretty straight shot.

#12 Tywin

Tywin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

What would you expect turnout-wise? What is the venue? I am debating making the trip down from Chicago.

#13 mnBroncos

mnBroncos

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

i guess if can get brother or friend to go with will go then (: would be long trip to go alone ha

#14 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

@mnBroncos- Flying is probably an option as well, if you'd rather. I don't know prices off hand, but the Springfield/Branson airport isn't too far away, so we could probably work it out for someone to drop by and pick you up when you arrive. I don't know if Allegiant flies in from your area, but they're certainly the cheapest airline that I've used, especially if you can stick to just carry ons. Depending on how many cards you want to bring for the weekend, that might be pretty easy.

@Tywin- If I recall, the turnout was about 18-20 last year, but one of the other guys can probably correct me on attendance. With the much increased out of state interest that we seem to be generating this time around, I think that attendance will surely be higher this year. The venue is Metagames Unlimited which offers a huge space to play in (able to host MTG PTQ size) and a wide variety of games and accessories on sale, available as store copies to test, and as random people around the store playing whatever they feel like.

#15 Shadowcatx

Shadowcatx

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

I'm sure that, weather permitting, Tulsa will have a good group going up this year. I know that I will certainly be planning to attend (life circumstances permitting of course). 

Valar Midwestis had what, 24 people this year, so I'd say you're very likely to have at least that many people for this. 

#16 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

I doubt that Superbowl will affect attendance much. I am a very large NFL fan, yet unless my team is in the game, I could really give two ***** about it and a decent size thrones tourney would easily take precendence over watching it.

#17 mnBroncos

mnBroncos

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

well got sometime so be thinking about it. the time of the superbowl does worry me little though since think a good chance my team can make it *fingers crossed* (the broncos if coulnt tell my display name ha) 

#18 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

mnBroncos said:

well got sometime so be thinking about it. the time of the superbowl does worry me little though since think a good chance my team can make it *fingers crossed* (the broncos if coulnt tell my display name ha) 

we can both route for an all manning SB.

#19 Tywin

Tywin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Can anybody offer reccomendations of hotels in the vicinity?  How about bars?

#20 mnBroncos

mnBroncos

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

dcdennis said:

mnBroncos said:

we can both route for an all manning SB.

sure i can go for that be an easy win in the superbowl then (;

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS