Photo

Can We have scenario events or campaign venues?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

I really don't know who to ask this question to. I have read that Fantasy Flight Games does not read the forums.

But after the Kessel Run Tournament at my local game store. All of us who played and the store owner got together and want to start planning on taking this game further. Were wanting to do scenario play or scenario team play. We see so much potential in this game.  The store owner asked if FFG was going to do scenario events, And we can not answer this because well nothing has ever been said about this on the FFG site. nor does any of us know if it has ever been brought up.  Us at the Local game store in my area are planing on holding a big scenario event in Febuary. it might be a team play event.  But my question is does FFG ever plan on doing stuff like this or have Campaign kits any time soon? I think this would be a great extension to the game, It adds more excitement and imagination to the game, I belive this would be something everyone of us who already enjoy this game would love to take part in and would love to see happen.

What are your thoughts?

#2 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

In my area we have some of us doing a league/campaign game. Basically it would involve taking a map of the Star Wars galaxy, going off the sectors and down to systems. Then a point value would be added to those. Here are the rough details:

Unique Named Pilots

None of these are available at the start of the league cycle. After the first session the players can take available points earned to bid on them. Once you have them they are yours for the rest of the Cycle, unless you choose to sell them to another player. The people around me who want to do this want them to be extremely unique, so no duplicates. I am not really a fan of this

Teams

Players divide into Empire and Rebel sides and can work together if they choose. They can attack each other if they wish. But one faction in the league will win at the end.  

Each player begins the league cycle with 100 points in which to build their fleets from. Players can never drop below 100 points. As you gain areas you will generate points for the next week. These points can be used to add more ships, upgrades or to bid on Unique Pilots.

Lists

A player can choose to have all his points into one list. But each area needs to be protected. So it is best to make lists for each area you control and decide what you are going to use from each of those to attack with. As an attacking fleet, if it wins, it occupies the new area. Ships that flee go back to their staring system. 

Attacking

Players will let the league official know where they are invading. At the league game the players will then play out the battles as they happen. Largest play area allowed currently is 6' x 6' using up to 4 sets of asteroids (more if you are fighting in an asteroid belt). 

Aftermath and Winning the Leagur

After the league matches points are recalculated and lists updated. Players must stay within their point allotment.

The League cycle ends when one faction controls over 50% of the galaxy.

Well there you go, there is the league I do with a bunch of people I know.

#3 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

That is a great layout of how to run things for this kind of league.  is it ok if  I show this to the owner of my local game store so we can get some ideas on how he might want to run events in our area?

#4 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Feel more then free to do that. I was actually kicking around the idea of actually trying to set up a multiple location league using that giving regions around the world various sectors of the galaxy. And then let the various games in that region decide what systems they have. Could be very interesting being played internationally. Sending someone in another state or country reinforcements from your list to help them out and aid your sides over all progress.

Also if you need how we divided this all up and assigned the points let me know. I will dig out that information and give it to you.

Forgott to meantion on the bidding and if another player sells you an unique named pilot you have to deduct those points from your total available. This is persistant as long as you own that unique. Then you have to have the points available to field him. The game is stategic in that you can be attacked twice in the same system and have to face the second attack with less ships. Say you successfully defend and lose half your ships. The second attack you have to face it with what survived from the first attack and so on. Replacements come the next week. There are a few things I really didn't get into.

#5 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

sure thing, any info or game play details you can provide would be great.   Also If you have a break down on your idea of how you would do the nation wide controll on diferent sectors of space for people in other states or countries that would be cool too. I would like to show this to the owner at my local game store. and see if he would want to do this too.

And many thanks, these Idea for league play are awsome. if you come up with anything more please send them my way or shoot me a PM on here. every bit helps.  I would love to see this kick off into something big.

#6 teufelwolf@yahoo.com

teufelwolf@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

any scenarios yet?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS