Tournament Pack Feedback after Kessel Run weekend

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 saiharris

saiharris

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Hey guys, played two events in the UK and had a blast! I didnt win anything but came away satisfied that it was a worthy investment in time.

Anywho, feedback.

The Good-

Im a regular WFB tournament regular so it was extremely pleasing to play a game that didnt have nearly as many rules queries and if there ever was one, the rules book was exceptional at answering any meandering questions.

The gaming side of it was great as expected. Game time per round seems to run well in the pack too.

The Bad-

The scoring system is wrong. On Saturday, 3rd up to 8th were all on ten points. In a 16 man event this isnt good enough to have everyone on the exact same. The wide concensus was It should be as follows

5-0 (as per rules pack)

3-1 - The modified loss is a really big deal. As well as splitting up the points furth up the league, it also gives the losing player something to play for. On Sundays event, the organiser ran this system instead and it felt right and to prove it, the scores were the mixed in the end

2-2 - a draw is so utterly uncommon. A modified win is still a mighty point more than this. Its very hard to play for a draw unless both players literally dont engage.

The Ugly-

The weekend was filled with very random gaming "boards". What I learnt was cloth is a terrible idea. The ships will move and its not really teh players fault. Next bad was super shiney surfaces (like posters). The dice dont roll correctly and you end up being super careful not to nudge the models about. Next in line was painted boards. They actually worked pretty well. No problem with them. But the standout choice is a painted board with a gritted surface. I doubt you can get better.

Anyway. Just my 2c and im hoping the scoring system can be re-looked at.

Post your experiences below too.

Cheers guys.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS