pilot skill 9 & biggs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drunkensith

drunkensith

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

player 1 has vader, 3 black squad fighters(all with swarm) and an acadamy piolt.

player 2 has biggs and wedge with swarm.

turn 3 biggs has no shileds and 2 dmg. both xwings r in all 5 ties firing arc. all ties get a 9 pilot skill and biggs also gets a 9.

first tie shoots killing biggs.

so all the remaning ties have to shoot at him? if i understand correctly he stays on board till end of pilot skill 9 round right? so i have to shoot at him with other 4 ties even though hes dead?

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

drunkensith said:

player 1 has vader, 3 black squad fighters(all with swarm) and an acadamy piolt.

player 2 has biggs and wedge with swarm.

turn 3 biggs has no shileds and 2 dmg. both xwings r in all 5 ties firing arc. all ties get a 9 pilot skill and biggs also gets a 9.

first tie shoots killing biggs.

so all the remaning ties have to shoot at him? if i understand correctly he stays on board till end of pilot skill 9 round right? so i have to shoot at him with other 4 ties even though hes dead?

Correct.  That is because biggs and the ties are all firing "at the same time".  He isn't dead until it stops being time for PS9.

#3 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

What a wierd setup. I agree with Radiskull on this assesment, though it is hard to critique without seeing the board. I assume Imperial has initiative since you said Biggs was taken out first shot.

If all Ties are in range of both xwings (as well as being in firing arc) then it's kind of silly to swarm them all to 9. With only 1 hit left for Biggs, you'd be better off swarming Vader to only 1 Black. In your case the first roll would have finished off Biggs, and yes, the other swarmed pilot would have to shoot at Biggs before he got his simultaneous attack and then died. Then Wedge would get to shoot, and any surviving Black pilots would get to try to hit Wedge. So, at the beginning of the attack phase, give Vader's swarm tactics to 1 other ship, and chain the others to the Black squadron's 4 pilot skill. This assumes it is possible through board position, which is the unknown factor in the original post.

#4 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, after looking through the Simultaneous Attack Rule on page 16 and Biggs' card, I'd say yes, all of the skill level 9 pilots would have to target Biggs, even though he had enough damage to be destroyed. Odd instance, to be sure, but I would say that is the correct ruling, because Biggs wouldn't be removed until he had a chance to attack. And if he's still on the board, he affects the "target" part of the Combat phase, so yes, they would all have to target Biggs if they could.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS