Viable Rebel build with the Falcon?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pianoplayer3991

pianoplayer3991

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

For those of you who have had a chance to play with it, how is it really going to fit into a squad? Three Outer-Rim Smugglers doesn't look like it's going to be very effective against any kind of imperial build much less anything with interceptors. And anything other than the smuggler means you're looking at about half your squad in points. I just can't figure a good fit for it. Any suggestions?

#2 TimeLapse

TimeLapse

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I think the Facon is a model worth using, it will be hard for players to give up there Wedge for it, but that really is what they have to do.

Here are a few lists I been thinking about

List one A helping hand

Lando 44

-Nien Nub 1

Dutch 23

-Ion Cannon 5

Garven Dreis 26

List 2 Tag team, With Ion support

Han Solo 46

-Millenniun Falcon 1

-Swarm Tactics 2

Biggs 25

-R2-F2 3

Gold Squad Y-Wing 18

Ion-Cannon 5

List 3 Falcon swarm

Lando 44

-Nien Nub 1

-Millenniun Falcon 1

Outer Rim Smuggler 27

Outer  rim smugglers 27

List 4 Support roll Facon

Wedge 29

- R2-d2 4

- Engine Upgrade 4

- Swarm tactics 2

Outer Rim Smuggler 27

- Millennium Falcon 1

Horton Slame 25

- Ion cannon 5

- R2- f2 3

Its all about play style, and also keep in mind the facon is faster then other ships, its base is bigger so it travels farther on the sticks then a smaller based model would so play around with that, with a 360 firing arc try to pass by ships to make it harder from them to hit you.

#3 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

One of my original Falcon squads is this one:

Biggs with R2F2
Gold Squadron Pilot with ion Cannon
Chewbacca with Draw their Fire, Assault Missiles, and Millenium Falcon (or Nien Nunb)

I love the Chewbacca/Draw their Fire/Biggs combo. I dunno, it may not work, but I thought it might be somewhat effective.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS