• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hi all,

Recently, Apple has accepted my app, which is basically a “life counter” for Netrunner. It allows you to track brain damage, link, tags, and bad publicity, as well as credits and clicks for both sides. Using the program basically eliminates almost all need for those pesky tokens, making the game much more fluid and easier to follow. If you have one of those deck boxes with the “secret” compartment for a few dice, you can basically leave all your tokens at home. No more tedious sorting, fallen pieces; it is easy, fast, and convenient.

The app is completely free with absolutely no advertisement; I made this not because I wanted to make money but because I love the game, and I want to make it even more enjoyable for everyone. Here is the link: https://itunes.apple...=8&ign-mpt=uo=4 or search for “android tracker” in the App Store. It is available for all iDevices from iOS 4.3 and up.

I hope you will like the app, and that it will make your runs even more fun!

Best regard,
- Rince

u.i.: If you find my applicaton helpful, please consider leaving me a 5-star review. It will help motivate me to make future updates (one of which is coming pretty soon, adding turn and time counters to 3.5 inch handsets)! If you have suggestions or comments, you can reach me here, on Board Game Geek, or on the website I set for support in the App Store.

• seeamonster and Mortifa like this

#2 dancingcrab

dancingcrab

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Dude, that looks badass! Hopefully someone with smarts can develop a similar app for Android, would love to have access to something like this :-)

An official app from FFG would also be awesome, but I must say yours looks very polished.

#3 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Rince said:

Hi all,

Recently, Apple has accepted my app, which is basically a “life counter” for Netrunner. It allows you to track brain damage, link, tags, and bad publicity, as well as credits and clicks for both sides. Using the program basically eliminates almost all need for those pesky tokens, making the game much more fluid and easier to follow. If you have one of those deck boxes with the “secret” compartment for a few dice, you can basically leave all your tokens at home. No more tedious sorting, fallen pieces; it is easy, fast, and convenient.

The app is completely free with absolutely no advertisement; I made this not because I wanted to make money but because I love the game, and I want to make it even more enjoyable for everyone. Here is the link: https://itunes.apple...=8&ign-mpt=uo=4 or search for “android tracker” in the App Store. It is available for all iDevices from iOS 4.3 and up.

I hope you will like the app, and that it will make your runs even more fun!

Best regard,
- Rince

u.i.: If you find my applicaton helpful, please consider leaving me a 5-star review. It will help motivate me to make future updates (one of which is coming pretty soon, adding turn and time counters to 3.5 inch handsets)! If you have suggestions or comments, you can reach me here, on Board Game Geek, or on the website I set for support in the App Store.

Simple, elegant and awesome!  Good work!

#4 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Thanks, both of you!

Dancingcrab! On BGG, several guys already indicated that they are working on something similar for Android devices; so, I am sure an app similar to this will hit the Play Store sometime very soon!

#5 Mejis

Mejis

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

This looks great, nice work! An Android version would be awesome.

My only reservation is that I actually love using "those pesky tokens" ;)

• Hank McCoy likes this

#6 take

take

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

this is awesome. thanks!!

#7 Adders Jnr

Adders Jnr

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Wow, I just installed it on my iPhone. I love it. I gave it a 5 star rating on the iTunes Ireland store.

Many thanks

Matt

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

I've downloaded it and it works good but I do prefer the tokens and will continue to use those. This will come in handy when traveling. 

#9 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Thanks a bunch; I try to keep up with user comments and request and implement everything that benefits the app.

The first update that adds time and turn counters to the older handset versions has already been submitted to Apple and should hit the App Store in the next few days (or possibly late December if I miss the 21 store closure). Several other updates are also in consideration.

#10 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Version 1.1 of AN Tracker is out!

It adds time and turn counters to 3.5 inch handsets and some minor cosmetic changes.

https://itunes.apple...=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Big thanks to the guys at Apple who rushed out the update ahead of schedule to beat the holiday store closure. But, a much bigger thanks is due to the close to 500 people who downloaded the application in the brief one week period since it came out! The amount of support I am receiving with this tiny, insignificant app is incredible! Thank you very much! Also, thanks for everyone who gave constructive criticism, reviewed the app, or just  said someting nice!

I will keep reading all your comments and suggestions and will try to implement as much requests as possible to make your Netrunner games even smoother and easyer.

Happy holidays!

#11 PerAsperaAdAstra

PerAsperaAdAstra

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

That looks very handy. Is there any chance of having it on Anroid platform as well?

• freebird285 likes this

#12 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

PerAsperaAdAstra said:

That looks very handy. Is there any chance of having it on Anroid platform as well?

Not from me. But, as I mentioned above, several guys on BGG already indicated they are working on something similar for Android. So, I would be very surprised if a similar tracker application did not hit the Play Store sometime in the near future.

#13 Yongster

Yongster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi, 

Firstly, great app! very handy! 

However, im having a hard time figuring out one last icon on the runner's side. The one with 2 circles. 

I do get the idea that there's icon for Brain Damage, Credits and Links. But what's the last icon with 2 circles are for? 

#14 Yongster

Yongster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Could it be for virus counter? 

#15 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yongster said:

. . . what's the last icon with 2 circles are for? 

Tag. That is a crosshair. :)

Virus counters are problematic for two reasons:

1. There is simply no space for them.

2. Virus counters generally go onto actual cards; in other words, they always belong to somewhere and don't just sit by themselves! Therefore, counting them separately would make everything really confusing. You would have to indicate, which virus counter belongs to which card, making the whole tracking process slow and cumbersome. This goes against the basic idea of AN Tracker.

There are processes that simply do not make sense to digitalize. In my opinion, virus counters are one of them.

I use 12-sided dice instead of tokens. They fit cozy in my deck box's dice compartment and perfect to track on-card effects, such as virus counters and recurring credits.

#16 riastradh

riastradh

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Wow. That's a ridiculously handy app. Thanks so much for your time and contribution to the game!

#17 sigzo

sigzo

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Thanx mate, looks awsome, easy five stars on the Istore :)

#18 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Thanks both of you! I appreciate the encouragement. I'll try to keep up the, hopefully good, work. :)

#19 jteddy

jteddy

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thank you for putting in your own time in developing this app and offering it for free.

It would be great if the app could also track the individual players play time.  

Looking forward to any of your updates.

It would be great to see someone in the community could help you out and create the same App for the Adroid platform.

#20 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

AN Tracker 1.3 is out now, and in it, we get:

- New active player indicators
- Chess clock option (the app records how much time individual players have spent in a game)
- A statistics view at the end of every game
- A few cosmetic tweaks
- And sounds (in case you missed version 1.2 ;) )

https://itunes.apple...n-mpt=uo=4&uo=4

It is not the end of the road though. I have a ton of ideas for improvements and new features. I try to work on the app whenever time allows; so, we should see many more updates in the (hopefully near) future.

In the meantime, if you have any comments, suggestions, criticism, or you found a bug you would like to report, feel free to contact me here or on the website I set for support in the App Store. I read every message and will try to address all your concerns!

• Mortifa likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS