Strength

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hamal22

Hamal22

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

When I want to open the portal of power does my sword is helping me in the opening?

#2 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

No, Objects which are Weapons only add to your Strength during Battle. It says so on the card.

Note that Magic Objects like the Belt, and the Ring,  and Followers like the Unicorn always add to your Strength/Craft,.

When a card says: "add 1 to your Strength" without any other specifier, this means that the bonus is provided always, in Battle or elsewhere. 

#3 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Correct, but if a hypothetical Weapon were to add one to your Strength, without the clause "in Battle", it would count, in case that wasn't  clear (note that no such item currently exists in the game).

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Tiggurix said:

Correct, but if a hypothetical Weapon were to add one to your Strength, without the clause "in Battle", it would count, in case that wasn't  clear (note that no such item currently exists in the game).

A Weapon may only be used during battle. Wait, let me hit the Magic Portal with my weapon! lol

Ell.

#5 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

talismanamsilat said:

Tiggurix said:

A Weapon may only be used during battle. Wait, let me hit the Magic Portal with my weapon! lol

Ell.

Oh? Where does it say so? Not that it currently matters, though…

#6 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Tiggurix said:

talismanamsilat said:

Tiggurix said:

Ell.

Oh? Where does it say so? Not that it currently matters, though…

Weapons are only used during an attack. Why on earth would you think a Weapon would help a character out of battle or psychic combat! Crazy lol

Ell.

#7 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

There are crazier things in Talisman, like, for example, a magical ring that weighs as much as a treasure chest. ;) In any case, I was describing a hypothetical scenario, if that wasn't clear. I know that no current weapons give a bonus outside of battle, except for cases such as the Axe, but I could easily imagine a weapon such as this existing someday: "Add one to your Strength. Add one to your Strength in battle."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS