Tricks and treats

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Can the object, tricks and treats, take th bag of holding from another character

#2 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Btw, tricks and treats TAT is a new object outta blood moon. It say "if you land on another character, you may take one object of your choice from him and then give him this card. This counts for your encounter this turn". Bag of holding Says if someone beat you, they can't take either the bag or any items in it. It also cant be taken by any spell or any characters special ability. We are disagreeing on wether or not I can do this. He argues that using the TAT is a characters special ability since it uses the word "you" when describing its self to the reader and owner of the spell, and because you will be the one using the item that gives the special ability. I get what he's saying but BOH specifys - character special ability-. To me, the object switch is an ability of the object. The character cards all have the heading" special abilitie " above their respective lists of things they do. 

#3 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Characters with special ability to take it???  Their steal, merchant trade, the sorceress and vampiress

#4 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Spells like Shatter can destroy the Bag of Holding as it is a spell that doesn't invlovle taking of an  object(like Acquisition), but rather destroys  it outright.

So, Shatter can destroy the Bag of Holding along with all the items inside. Similarily, Events like Whirlwind can make you lose the bag and all the items stored inside, as the bag is not immune to its effect, but only to special abilities and spells that involve thievery.

I believe that Tricks and Treats can be used to steal the Bag of Holding. It's a special Object, not a spell or the special ability of a character.

#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

zealot12 said:

I believe that Tricks and Treats can be used to steal the Bag of Holding. It's a special Object, not a spell or the special ability of a character.

Unfortunately, the Bag of Holding and her little sister, the Bag of Carrying, were always poorly worded. First of all, we had to learn that they cannot be taken but may be destroyed. Now, there are effects that allow to steal the BoH, but they're neither Spells nor character special abilities. Tricks and Threats is the most recent one, but also the Trickster from the Frostmarch had the same problem.

The Trickster is covered by the current FAQ. You can take the Bag of Holding if you defeat him. I think the reason why they allowed this is that it's not forbidden, according to the BoH text.

By extension, we should allow the same for Tricks and Threats.

BUT WAIT: remove the idea that a character taking/destroying the Bag also takes/destroys the Objects stored inside. Any surplus Objects that a character cannot carry without the Bag, have to be ditched. The character chooses what to keep and what to ditch.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS