Wave 2 list

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

A good portion of us have had the chance to play with the new models now and at the very least everyone has seen the new upgrades, so I want to start disgussing list for Feb. when the new models drop. Here is one list I came up with for Emprie which I think is very tough and hard hitting. 

Total Squad Points: 100

Pilot: "Howlrunner"
Tie Fighter (18)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)
  • Stealth (3)

Pilot: Bounty Hunter 1
Upgrades:

• Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Pilot: Bounty Hunter 2
Upgrades:

• No Upgrades Selected

Howler helps so my Bounty Hunters can reroll dice also the Swarm Tactics means one hunter should jump up to Pilot Skill 8. The Heavy laser is nasty at long range and basically the list works by moving either one or two forward each turn and shooting. Stealth will make Howlrunner hard as hell to take out thanks to 4 evade dice. 

Additionally there is the option of dropping the Heavy Laser Cannon and picking up the Mercenary co-pilot for both of the bounty hunters to get the ability to turn 1 hit into a crit. but I am uncertain what I would do with the extra points in that scenario. There are several options none are great and I think I would prefer the 4 dice at range 2-3 in my front arc. 

#2 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

never mind i had the mercenary co-pilot points in this list so + Co-pilots in each bounty hunter which is damn good. 

#3 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

In that same vein and similar to the triple Y-wing list I have seen people play here is a really tough all Falcon build I think will do well by being impossible to kill. 

Pilot: Outer Rim Smuggler 1
YT-1300 (27)
Upgrades:

• Shield Upgrade (4)
  • Millenium Falcon (1)
  • Mercenary Copilot (2)

Pilot: Outer Rim Smuggler 2
YT-1300 (27)
Upgrades:

• Shield Upgrade (4)
  • Mercenary Copilot (2)

Pilot: Outer Rim Smuggler 3
YT-1300 (27)
Upgrades:

• Shield Upgrade (4)
  • Mercenary Copilot (2)

5 Shields and 6 Hull Points a piece with a 360 degree firing arc means these titans will just slowly move around the board wrecking lighter ship builds and you are almost forced to get up close to try and pop them with focus fire. 

#4 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Denied said:

In that same vein and similar to the triple Y-wing list I have seen people play here is a really tough all Falcon build I think will do well by being impossible to kill. 

Pilot: Outer Rim Smuggler 1
YT-1300 (27)
Upgrades:

• Shield Upgrade (4)
  • Millenium Falcon (1)
  • Mercenary Copilot (2)

Pilot: Outer Rim Smuggler 2
YT-1300 (27)
Upgrades:

• Shield Upgrade (4)
  • Mercenary Copilot (2)

Pilot: Outer Rim Smuggler 3
YT-1300 (27)
Upgrades:

• Shield Upgrade (4)
  • Mercenary Copilot (2)

5 Shields and 6 Hull Points a piece with a 360 degree firing arc means these titans will just slowly move around the board wrecking lighter ship builds and you are almost forced to get up close to try and pop them with focus fire. 

The Outer Rim Smuggler only has 2 attack dice.  They are basically expensive Y-wings that can take and extra hit and have a 360 fire arc.  They could take a lot of punishment and you wouldn't have to worry about fire arc, but 2 attack dice, and 1 agility can be pretty bad.  And they are far from cheap.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#5 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Denied said:

Pilot: "Howlrunner"
Tie Fighter (18)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)
  • Stealth (3)

Pilot: Bounty Hunter 1
Upgrades:

Mercenary Pilot (3)

• Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Pilot: Bounty Hunter 2
Upgrades:

• Mercenary Pilot (3)

Got to play test this list tonight. I went against a decked out Han Solo list that had a Chewie Co-pilot, Gunner, The Melenium Falcon upgrade, and Swarm Tactics accompanied by two Rookie Pilots. 

I lost my Howlrunner second turn but it forced my opponent to focus the hell out of him to do it. Over all the Heavy Laser on the Bounty Hunter was amazing and coupling it with a Mercenary co-pilot was good too. I ended up winning thanks to the Laser and Target Locking. It was really good at popping the Falcon. I took out the two Rookie Pilots first then when it was my Heavy Laser Bounty Hunter VS the Han Solo Falcon we went at it head to head tell I dropped him and my Bounty hunter had 5 Hull Points left. 

For people who have not played the new ships the bigger bases is something to get use to It's easy to end up on an aestroid or to crash into other ships. Normal bases are a length 1 move and this is a length 2 move so if you want to keep pace with the bigger bases always 1 more than the big base model and you will move the same speed. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS