focusing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doma0997

Doma0997

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Just a quick question that only relates to garven. Can you spend a focus token, even if it has no dice to change?

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Sure, I don't see why not.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

There was a big debate on this before the FAQ.  Per the FAQ though, you can indeed spend a focus token when there are zero focus results in a dice roll to change.  My reading of it is that you still have to have actually rolled some dice though, you can't just spend it any time.

#4 Doma0997

Doma0997

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Doh. I read the faq before i even played the game. I should have seen that. Thank you!

#5 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

dbmeboy said:

There was a big debate on this before the FAQ.  Per the FAQ though, you can indeed spend a focus token when there are zero focus results in a dice roll to change.  My reading of it is that you still have to have actually rolled some dice though, you can't just spend it any time.

Correct, you cannot spend a target lock or focus to modify a dice roll unless dice have been rolled. However, there is no requirement for focus to have rolled any focus symbols to change, nor for a target lock to actually reroll any dice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS