Mandatory Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Slio9

Slio9

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

We've run into some confusion over the agenda 'Mandatory Upgrades' If I steal this agenda as the runner will I have 5 ticks to use? I believe you would as the rules state an agenda is active while in any scored area, which stolen agendas are placed, but my friend is certain agenda abilities are corp only. Thanks!

#2 Talamare

Talamare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Slio9 said:

We've run into some confusion over the agenda 'Mandatory Upgrades' If I steal this agenda as the runner will I have 5 ticks to use? I believe you would as the rules state an agenda is active while in any scored area, which stolen agendas are placed, but my friend is certain agenda abilities are corp only. Thanks!

Only Corp can use Agende effects

#3 papy72

papy72

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm pretty sure the corp only gets the benefits printed on the card.  The runner gets the points only.

#4 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Specifically, under the Corp rules for Agendas, "While an agenda is in the Corporation's score area, itis active and adds its agenda points to his score." (p.14) For the runner, "While an agenda is in the Runner's score area, it adds its agenda points to his score." (p.18) Since the agenda is not active for the runner, the extra click ability can not occur.

#5 Damocles346

Damocles346

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

If the card text reads, "When you score," then the card text will trigger for the Corp player only.

If the card text reads, "When you steal," then it triggers when the runner steals it only.

#6 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Damocles346 said:

If the card text reads, "When you score," then the card text will trigger for the Corp player only.

If the card text reads, "When you steal," then it triggers when the runner steals it only.

To be fair, Mandatory Upgrades does not use either of those phrases.  But the point remains that only the Corp can use scored agenda abilities.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS