Photo

My 5 ship imperial build, that's right,I said 5 ships!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tellos

Tellos

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

I know it's only 5 ships bu it has done me quite well so far

vader with cluster missiles and marksmanship 36 ppoints

howlrunner with swarm tactics 20 points

backstaber 16

dark curse 16

acadamy pilot 12

thats 100 on the nose!

so far I have played rebel 3 ship builds and I have done quite well (about 50%were wins). My questions are how do you think the list would cope with 4 ship rebel builds and how would it cope with tie swarm lists (we have not seen the two above in our area yet and it's our kessel run event tomorrow)?

#2 Qapla187

Qapla187

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

That's close to what I plan on running, so I'll know here soon enough.

:>¡<: X-wing x6, Y-wing x3, TIE Fighter x6, TIE Advanced x3, A-wing x4, YT-1300 x2, TIE Interceptor x9,
Firespray-31 x3, B-wing x4, HWK-290 x2, TIE Bomber x6, Lambda Shuttle x2, E-wing x3, Z-95 x4, TIE Defender x3, TIE Phantom x2, GR-75 x2, CR-90 x1

Perish quickly you will, if without Push, an A-wing you fly.

#3 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

I'm also playing a 5 ship Imp build, though mine has 2 Advanced with 3 Fighters.

#4 Tellos

Tellos

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

The 2 advanced fighters sounds interesting, what are you thinking vader  and a tempest?

i won't change my list now,it's too late. I am just curious as to how others perceive its weaknesses 

although 2 advanced fighters is something I plan on playing with very soon

#5 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

a 2 tie advance team went 4-1 only lose against me

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#6 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Tellos said:

The 2 advanced fighters sounds interesting, what are you thinking vader  and a tempest?

i won't change my list now,it's too late. I am just curious as to how others perceive its weaknesses 

although 2 advanced fighters is something I plan on playing with very soon

It was Vader with Swarm Tactics and Concussion Missles, Tempest with Concussion Missles, Dark Curse, and 2 Academy TIEs. With my limnited number of ships I pretty much had to use 2 Advanced.

#7 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

My 5 ship build was Vader + squad leader + concussions, Howlrunner + swarm tactics, Mauler, Backstabber, and an academy pilot.

I went 2-1 against 3 rebel squads sporting 4 ships (1 squad was 2 X's and 2 Ys and the other squads were 4 Xs). My tactics weren't very sound as I hardly used swarm tactics or squad leader. I initially had Vader and Howlrunner with swarm tactics but at the last minute decided to try out squad leader. Maybe it was because I ended up facing a few Wedge + ST but having only one on Howlrunner didn't do much. Having the option to make 3 ships PS 9 or two 9 and two 8 would have served me a lot better. Also I rag on proton torpedoes all the time but concussion missiles on Vader are pretty hot. Only in the game that I lost was I not able to missile + focus fire to take down an X-wing in the first salvo. Every time I fired one, I was able to get 4 hits (by using a focus as well). Those are brutal.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS