A Return

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

It's bean a wile since I last played DH, though till the start of this year I was keeping up with the books, anyway with most of our groups games shuting down till the new year those of us with family very local or very distrant have put together a couple of DH games to fill about half the slots now open in our diaries till we go back to our regular games in about 4-6 weeks time.

I'm a player in one and the GM for an other, for the game I'm a player in the first session was a slaughter with 3 of the 5 PC coming to very bad ends.

We had a Shrine World Adept, a Hive World Scum, an Imperial World Assassin and a pait of Arbidies (one Noble and one Schola). we where playing through Shattered Hope so we could re-learn the rules, any way the Adept bought it first when the Mutie Guardsman riped his arm off then beat him to death with the soggy end, the Ganger went next against the pack of muntants and the assassin got fairly banged up and both the Arbators took some damage as well, when we faced off against the Abomonasion the Assassin got her face eaten off we scarperd from the room scattering Gernades behind us, thenkfualy they didn't set off the tanks till we where clear of the room. the Plaguebarer ate a couple of inferno shells and the rest of our shotgun ammo (and a clip of my Hand Canon Ammo) before we blew it and the stone up with an other Grenade.

Surviving characters are our pair of Arbitrators, thank the Emperor we both opted for Mesh Armor and got lether body suits and Flack helmets as well as upgrading our shotguns to Pumpactions or we would have bean toast. Ammo situation stands at half a clip of Shells each (looted from the Scum) and one gernade each, we could choise to keep a Mutie (or the Adepts) revolver and 12 shots  and/or the Scums Autopistol (with 6 shots remaining) the Assassins gear is a write off except the Hunting Rifle (and ammo) she left topside, the locals are demanding all the Salvage and trying to lay claim to our deads gear as well, the GM has hinted except from the Ammo if the Locals don't get it the Inquisotor we are working for will get it.

Well we are about to start the other game that is all Sororitas (and a transvestite preist), using the IHB for the Career but I will alow BoM options if the game lasts long enough.

#2 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Ok the Sororits game just finished up I ran again Shatterd Hope since the party line up is 80% diffrent and the two players that are the same got killed out early on friday nights game, two character deaths the Preist and one of the SoB, over the e-mail the other GM & I will be deviding up the pre-made adventuers so we are not repeating ourselves from now on.

#3 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Oops! it was only one grenade left from the Arbidies adventure.

anyway 2nd adventure underway for that campaign, we're doing edge of darkness. end of last adventure we claimed the lot of the Salvage, only to have the Boss confiscate it for the armory, but because this adventure is an Undercover job most of it has bean issued back to us since our Arbidies gear would have blown out cover. We’re half way at our brake.

From the last adventure our reward was all Gear, both the surviving PC’s got Photo-visors, Micro-Beads and Respirator, Also  I got a Punisher Baton where the other character got a Hand Canon, but all that’s still on the ship along with our Green leather Arbidies bodysuits, Mesh Vests Helmets and PA Shoties.

#4 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yikes, that's a lot of casualties for one mission! Of course, Shattered Hope is pretty badly written, with too many 'auto-death' possibilities ("Oh, you failed your roll to jump over the chasm? Roll up a new character…"). I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than a one-shot 'learning the rules' scenario, played with the sample characters. Edge of Darkness is much better.

BTW, you didn't forget about Burning Fate Points, did you?

#5 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Oho fate was spent and even burnt mutchily in the fist time through, sometimes makeing things worse like the Adept  spent a Fate Point to go from "Uncounchous with a domnant arm of no use for the rest of the adventuere" to "He's riped your Arm off and is Beating you to Death with the Soggy End", the Chasam claimed many Fate Points.

most characters I've lost on a goup this size (both as a player and a GM) has bean one in Shatterd Hope but to losse three out of  Five kind of shocked me, as a GM to lose two out of five wasn't that bad as a couple of times I've come close to that a couple of times in the past and coming out of the previous nights slaughter I had a "It could have bean worse" veiw.

Armor is important apart from buying improved Ammo (that you can spend pocket money on) beter Armor should be your first Major Equipment upgrade, Guard Flack or Mesh + Carapace Helmet, then look at the Nastier/Fancier Guns and Gadgets then comback to going up to Carapace, going Powered is just overkill/asking the GM to bring out the Support Weapons & Power Swords.

#6 Drop Bear 2.0

Drop Bear 2.0

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Sunday night I was a player in Edege of Darkness, for most of it it went fairly par for the cource right up till the finile assualt on the Lab, after being Stelth for the first 3/4 of the mission we ran in to some faux-enforcers and did them in before they could raise the alarm, now with disquises we did the finile run before our cover was blowen, we blufed our way in to the frount ten struck hard & fast with Melle Weapons then took the outer lab, when it came time to take the final lab we where on a roll and busted in Shotties blasing, the Big Bad was incopasatated in the first round and dead in the 2nd before the lab could be set to blow, Sunday night the Dice Gods where with the PC's, only 3 Fate opints got spent.

I'm runing the 2nd sesion of the SoB game this friday.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS