Need Help With Black Crusade Game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I have an short idea for a Black Crusade Game which would use something like a Dark Sun Setting in which the players would fight a Priest King of Khorne. Does anybody have any idea what planet would be ideal for this. I'm not familar with Desert Wastelands in the Eye of Terror. I'm hoping that the Tome of Blood can shed some light on this idea. I want to make psychic abilities dead and withered away. Food is scarce and climates are uncontrollably hot. I was thinking that a Temple dedicated to Khorne was center to the city and riddled with undead using the DH minion rules as well as probaby the Horde rules. I was thinking a few encounters with Chaos Cultists, blood letters and flesh hounds. Now the frame work for at least a middle is there but I don' have a hook or an ending. I would want a reason for the Heretics to stop the Priest King. I was thinking of the Priest King releasing a Daemon Prince using the Daemon Hunter rule book and making it something like the Dawn of War Blood Raven Series but on a smaller scale. I could say that the Heretics are living on this homeworld and for some reason they find the Priest King oppressive. Maybe overthrowing him to take over the power and glory of Khorne and championing a new planetary leader? Thoughts, Critques or Ideas?

#2 Elgrun

Elgrun

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Well, first off the world I reccomend would be Kurse. It's less desert-ish more nuclear radiationy, but the theory remains the same. Deadly environement, and everything in it is against you. Kurse is also coming up in the ToB supplement so you can expand on it in detail later. I'd say that you could make psychic powers work fine outside a certain radius of the city, and once you get within range things start going haywire as Khorne's influence plays havoc with the puny psyker's abilities. 

The only real issue I see with your plan is using the undead… that's just not Khorne's style. He's very much "Cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows" but there lies the issue. The undead's blood has already flowed right out of their bodies, and they're poor warriors. Khorne favors skill at arms over the shambling hordes any day. It's just who he is. 

How about instead of releasing the Daemon Prince, he's becoming one? They're trying to catch him in the midst of his ascension, rumored to be a weak time for the person transforming. If they fail, they have to find a way to escape the clutches of a daemon prince, if they succeed then they've just gained some serious clout on that world, and with people the worlds over. As to why they'd want to stop him? That's just how Chaos works. Always attempting to climb on top of itself for power, you knock him down so that you have one less potential enemy. 

#3 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Would you mind if I adpoted some of your ideas Elgrun. They seem to fit the mold of the game alot better. It would be nice to change it to a more fitted feel. Thank you.

#4 Elgrun

Elgrun

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

That's pretty much how this community goes my friend, we all build off of each other and it makes us better. Good luck!

#5 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Great! Thanks, I was fleshing out the game more in depth with some other combat encounters and while I have a copy of Tome of Fate, I was browsing some of the offered Mutants which didn't necessarily have a Tzeentch following and seemed to be brutes in comparison to the undead idea.  There was also a game effect which was called the Winnowing in which whole parts of planets were sucked inward as a cataclysmic event. This could be happening because of the Priest Kings trying to ascend to princehood. Just some more ideas.

#6 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Another idea is to create your own world from scratch Dramacydle. This gives you full control over your planet, its ecology and the society and you can tailor it exactly how you like. Also means your players can't argue that it isn't what the world is like since it is completely created by you

You could also use a reverse idea for the Priest King to use him as an antogonist. He may view the heretics as powerful rivals steadily rising in power and seek to have them destroyed before they are accomplished enough to challenge and dispose him. Firstly by sending his best minions against them and as the players overcome them and grow in power eventually seeking them out himself (or have the players seek him out if they are pro-active enough).

This gives your players ample motivation to seek out ways to destroy him and his champions, the old Chaos adage "do unto others before they do unto you".

#7 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thank you and I'm doing that right now. I used a mass battle from the released Tome of Blood Supplement to expound on how the Templar recieved a congregation of the Heretics amassed within the city. I also threw a horde at them and they ran scared. Funny they didn't want to test the waters with their strengh. I mean the horde was the harrow hounds from ToB so maybe I was making it too difficult but they avoided it and they wanted to assist the machine hounds with their assault on the city and help in ripping the citizens to shreds. Suffice it to say, the Priest King is aware of them and will be sending minions after them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS