Marking pieces for ownership

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dhowtocor

dhowtocor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

The Tourney rules say all components other than ships must remain unaltered.  I guess my question is how literal is this.   I was thinking of attaching a small sticker with my initials on the bottom of my bases, backside of each turn dial, and middle of one side of each maneuver template, range ruler, and backside of asteroids tokens. (the other pieces I would just have to count to make sure I had what I entered the game with.)

#2 Crimson.Owl

Crimson.Owl

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I bordered all my markers with permanent marker, it REALLY helps for identifying them.

Though in reality, by the rules, I could certainly be dinged for it.

#3 Quigonscotch

Quigonscotch

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I do not believe that uniformly marking all tokens to indicate ownership is classified as altering the token. I believe the intent is to avoid individuals who might try trimming movement markers or marking the backs of cards such as damage cards to indicate what may be coming next. Though this is just my 2 cents.

#4 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Quigonscotch said:

I do not believe that uniformly marking all tokens to indicate ownership is classified as altering the token. I believe the intent is to avoid individuals who might try trimming movement markers or marking the backs of cards such as damage cards to indicate what may be coming next. Though this is just my 2 cents.

I glued 1 1/4" washers to the inside of the bases of the ships to add weight.  I'm sure this is not what the "no modification" rule addresses.  I'm sure you could draw on your ship bases if you wanted to.

#5 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

dhowtocor said:

The Tourney rules say all components other than ships must remain unaltered.  I guess my question is how literal is this.   I was thinking of attaching a small sticker with my initials on the bottom of my bases, backside of each turn dial, and middle of one side of each maneuver template, range ruler, and backside of asteroids tokens. (the other pieces I would just have to count to make sure I had what I entered the game with.)

Putting your name on something isn't altering it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS