• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Assussanni

Assussanni

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hello all,

I have a question that came up in a game I played in recently: What exactly constitutes puting cards into a skill check? Namely, can a character in the brig play a "Declare Emergency" card as well as putting a card into a skill check? How about making a skill check reckless and adding a card into a skill check? I'm sure there are rules in the books somewhere but I couldn't find them when I looked.

Many thanks in advance!

#2 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Great question!

Our game group has always played that players in the brig can play Reckless, Investigative Committee, and Scientific Research cards and also Declare Emergency.  I think we assumed that "play one card into the skill check" referred just to the cards that go directly into the skill check, not those just before and after the round of contributions.  I'm not aware of anything in the rules that says otherwise. 

If this is wrong, then it would mean that you'd have to watch Cally and Gaeta every skill check to see how many cards they played outside as well as inside the direct skill check contribution, because they have limitations.  Also Cylon Leaders and Sympathizer infiltrators, as they limitations on the number they can contribute.  I've never seen anything to suggest this is done.

#3 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Sounds like you have it right.  The text even says "play before skill check" and "play after skill check", which would also lend to "it's not part of the skill check limitation."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS