4 ship Rebel Builds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrisrivers

chrisrivers

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I want to run a 4 ship rebel build, but am having difficulty settling on a squad.  This is what I am leaning towards:

Luke w/R2 unit and Swarm

Garvin

Rookie x2

Any suggestions, ideas?

#2 chrisrivers

chrisrivers

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Or:

Wedge w/Swarm and R2-F2

2xRookies

Gold w/Ion Cannon

#3 Traden Myr

Traden Myr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

That is a solid list. 99 points for initiative, I presume?

I have had a lot of success with 3 X-Wings and a Y-Wing. You could consider dropping the droid and a Rookie for a Gold Squadron Pilot and Ion Cannon if you want to add some versatility to the build. I find ion cannons very useful in most match ups. Against Imperials, it mitigates the Y-Wings pitiful maneuverability against TIEs. Against Rebels, it is almost a guaranteed hit. I can't decide between such a build or a Luke, Dutch, and 2 Rookie list for my Kessel Run.

I think 4 ships is the best way to run Rebels right now. It puts up similar attack numbers to a 6 TIE list (12 attack dice) with greater hull (20 to 23 hull/shields versus 18 to 20ish). It also seems to outdo 3 ship rebels despite the lack of upgrades or pilot skill, just by providing more dice.

Happy flying!

#4 AlKusanagi

AlKusanagi

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

I've done quite well with Wedge with R2-D2 and Marksmanship, with 3 rookie pilots, one with an R5 unit just to hit 100 points (since I actually prefer to not have initiative). I tend to keep the rookies ahead, with Wedge trailing them, softening up targets for them to finish off, trying to keep as many overlapping fire arcs as possible.

However, since I won an A-wing in the Kessell Run tourney, I'm trying out replacing one of the rookies with it and seeing how that works out.

#5 MadMac321

MadMac321

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

I used a Rebel 4 Ship Build for my Kessel Run list on Saturday to win a Millennium Falcon.

Dutch Vander - Ion Cannon and R5-K6

Garvin Dreis - R2 Astromech

Rookie Pilot

Rookie Pilot

I only had one R2 Astromech card so I went with the 99 points for inititive.  If I had the card I probably would have given a R2 to a Rookie.

I also play a Vadar/Howlrunner Swarm tactics build but for the Kessel Run Tournaments I expected there to be a lot of Tie Swarms.

I did not want to end up with a bunch or mirror matches Tie Swarm vs Tie Swarm with tournament time limits.  I expected a lot of opponents to depend on Howlrunner to get the rerolls.

My strategy is always to kill Howrunner first even if I have to risk a loss doing it.

I use Dutch and Garvin to give a Target Lock or a Focus to X-WIngs so they can take out Named Tie pilots first.

#6 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Has anyone used.

Wedge + R5

Garven

Rookie

Gold + Ion Cannon

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS