13 replies to this topic

#1 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3802

Very interesting effect on this one. And amazing art.

#2 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Jinteki is really developing a "crazy effect" theme for their ice. I love it.

And Hourglass is nice support for Haas's bioroid ice.

#3 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

I am not too crazy about these "wierd" Jintenki effects, but I love Hourglass. It is both smart and fits nicely into the Haas Bioroid play style.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Bullfrog fits with Jinteki and I like they are doing different types of things with them. Not for everyone but certainly unique in design. 

#5 TheRealLeo

TheRealLeo

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Saturnine said:

Didn't you know 'psi' is short for psi-ch? burla

Just you wait. There's gonna be a James Roday reference on one of these cards sooner or later. complice

#6 Maine

Maine

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

TheRealLeo said:

Saturnine said:

Didn't you know 'psi' is short for psi-ch? burla

Just you wait. There's gonna be a James Roday reference on one of these cards sooner or later. complice

If such a card does come to fruition, and it does not feature a pineapple, either hidden or prominent, then I will be disappointed.

#7 Talamare

Talamare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

How fun would it be if Hourglass was a Bioroid with the standard bioroid rule (spend an action to break a subroutine)

#8 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Talamare said:

How fun would it be if Hourglass was a Bioroid with the standard bioroid rule (spend an action to break a subroutine)

It should have a troll face for the illustration then. :)

#9 IamSalvation

IamSalvation

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Where did they spoil Hourglass?

I don´t see the Picture in the News and can´t find it anywhere on the Website exept here?

#10 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

IamSalvation said:

Where did they spoil Hourglass?

I don´t see the Picture in the News and can´t find it anywhere on the Website exept here?

It's kinda hidden in the text. Look for "Haas-Bioroid gains a piece of ice capable of wiping out a Runner's whole turn."

Honestly, it's not that strong. It doesn't end runs. Similarly, a Runner who knows this is coming up can use up his clicks before engaging it. I know its meant to compensate for the weakness of bioriod ice, but a Runner could just save up his creds for breaking the subroutines of bioroid ice on the same server while completely ignoring the subroutines on this one.

Nevertheless, I love the flavor, cost, strength and mind games it plays so much that I'm so going to try it. complice

#11 Palpster

Palpster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Against HB most Runners will run on their first click because of being able to pay with Clicks on say Ichi or Viktor….this one can come as a nasty surprise against such a runner. Especially of course if followed by Ice like say Ichi or Viktor ;)

#12 Talamare

Talamare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Palpster said:

Against HB most Runners will run on their first click because of being able to pay with Clicks on say Ichi or Viktor….this one can come as a nasty surprise against such a runner. Especially of course if followed by Ice like say Ichi or Viktor ;)

or Janus

#13 Palpster

Palpster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Talamare said:

or Janus

In theory, yes….but with a cost like that I don't know if that can be pulled of reliably. I'm certainly going to try though ;)

#14 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

I really like both of these pieces of ICE.  They will likely go directly into decks for me.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS