• 1,581 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

I don't know what to say.

#2 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Very mean of them to not show us the art, though. Still, I'd love me some alternate art Valar (Dany is cool too, but she'd just be sitting in a folder most of the time).

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

This kit is awesome. Stark Power Tokens!  And TO support too. Well done FFG.

#4 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

I've been begging for years and finally they follow through! To quote Joe Biden- "This is a big ******* deal."

Ok, maybe not as big as the early release Star Wars boxes at Worlds. But pretty freaking awesome regardless.

#5 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Wow… Color me impressed. D:

#6 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

Just wanted to pop in to say, "I love you FFG." 9 copies of Valar?! Yes, please.

#7 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

maybe i just missed it, but does it say somewhere that the alternate art is tourney legal?

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

dcdennis said:

maybe i just missed it, but does it say somewhere that the alternate art is tourney legal?

Yes they are. When they announced at worlds about the alternate art (or text in SW)card ideas they said they will just be different art but otherwise fully playable in the game. That way there is no play advantage or disadvantage to owning or not owning them.

#9 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

A few of us had a long conversation about things we'd like to see happen with prize support and future events with an FFG employee one night after Worlds. This was one of the things he was especially interested in finding out if we'd like. And we uniformly said yes, give us more cool stuff we can actually use in the game and less stuff (like patches) that just gathers dust/siuts in a box. Alternate art cards are indeed awesome.

My impression was that something like this was probably coming, Hopefully our feedback (then and going forward) will bring more of it.

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

#10 imrahil327

imrahil327

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Kennon said:

I've been begging for years and finally they follow through! To quote Joe Biden- "This is a big ******* deal."

Ok, maybe not as big as the early release Star Wars boxes at Worlds. But pretty freaking awesome regardless.

Agreed! Very excite!

#11 Twn2dn

Twn2dn

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Really excited for this as well. I hope the cards are limited print runs so that they are collectible.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS