Runs on R&D

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nukeofwf

nukeofwf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

What happens when you run on R&D, Access it, and the card that you first pull is an ICE?

It has no trash cost, and cannot be stolen. so what is the effect? end of run?

#2 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

nukeofwf said:

What happens when you run on R&D, Access it, and the card that you first pull is an ICE?

It has no trash cost, and cannot be stolen. so what is the effect? end of run?

The card stays on top of R&D.

#3 nukeofwf

nukeofwf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

ok, cool, thanks for the advice. I figured as much, since you can't trash or steal it. So you can't continue through it like if it were trashable.

#4 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

nukeofwf said:

So you can't continue through it like if it were trashable.

Not sure what you mean by this. Where would you continue? The run has already been successful since you're accessing cards. There's nowhere else to go.

#5 nukeofwf

nukeofwf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

well, in the section about multiple card access, it says that you can continue accessing cards if you can steal or trash the card you see. at least that is my interp of it.

As accessing multiple card: when accessing multiple cards from R&D, the runner must draw them in order from the top of the deck, and must retunr any cards not scored or trashed in reverse order, so as to preserve their positions in R&D.

The runner must fully resolve his access to a card (steal it, pay to trash it, etc.) before accessing the next card.

(am i just misinterpreting this?)

#6 nukeofwf

nukeofwf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Ah but I see here where it describes access to R&D as "just the top card".. i guess that resolves it for me.

#7 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

nukeofwf said:

The runner must fully resolve his access to a card (steal it, pay to trash it, etc.) before accessing the next card.

(am i just misinterpreting this?)

You're misinterpreting it a little bit.

Doing nothing to an accessed card if you cannot steal or trash it is successfully resolving the access, and you move on to the next card you are eligible to access, if any. Any card you did not trash or steal goes back to where you accessed it from (and in the case of R&D, making sure to preserve the order they were in).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS