sold out perty quick

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

yeah um was hopeing to be able to buy some real dice today once i got done with work but now its gone.

#2 camelopardis

camelopardis

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, by the time I found out it was on sale it was already listed as "sold out".

So annoying!

#3 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hopefully, this means a lot were shipped to stores.

#4 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

ebay is where i got mine lets hope it actualy showes up

#5 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

I just got back from my FLGS, and apparently these things are being gobbled up by retailers like gang-busters, as FFG was really pushing pre-orders, likely to get the inventory out of their warehouses before year's end.

I bought my copy, as well as a copy for a friend for Christmas, and while I was hanging out and chatting with the store owner and a couple other folks about this game as well as the recent Hobbit flick, they sold over half of the stock they had just gotten barely more than an hour prior to when i walked in.

So these things are indeed going fast, so check with your local gaming shop soon.

Granted, a bunch of these are bound to find their way to eBay, though the pricing will probably be similar to what we saw with the EotE Beta books; steep price hike during the initial month or so, and then likely tapering off sometime around end of January or early February.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#6 Rassilon

Rassilon

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Grrrr… triste

#7 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Looks like it is available from the store now. I think FFG wanted to be fair to their retailers and not sell it early. 

#8 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yeah paid 35$ on eBay which was reasonable.

#9 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Picked up my reserved copy from my FLGS yesterday. I saw four copies in the store.

#10 lupex

lupex

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

I have a concern about how long it will take UK retailers to get copies in so i have actually ordered from two differnt sources to have a hope of getting a copy delivered whilst I have some time off work.

Chances are not good for me to have a copy in my sweety hands before xmas.  avergonzado_triste

"Given a choice between calling upon a bounty hunter or a Jedi, folks turned
to the Jedi because we worked for free and are concerned about collateral
damage." - Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

#11 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

My FLGS had plenty of copies when I showed up on a lark yesterday. I think they had 20 or 30 copies on hold and a bunch more just waiting for buyers to come in :)

#12 lupex

lupex

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Well, I ended up finding a copy of the beginners game at thebookdepository.co.uk for about £16, so I bought 2 copies and they despatched within 48hrs, so it's on it's way -woohoo!

"Given a choice between calling upon a bounty hunter or a Jedi, folks turned
to the Jedi because we worked for free and are concerned about collateral
damage." - Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

#13 suntzu

suntzu

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

got my copy , and made a maptool file for me and my players to play online in UK

Rob

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS