Photo

Does the FAQ mean the end of new Arkham products??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 diablo666

diablo666

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I know I REALLY hope that is not the case.There can NEVER be enough Arkham Horror for me!!!

What does everyone think??

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Descent had a Final FAQ, now we have only a Complete FAQ. Complete is not Final. Plus, at the GenCon they said something like "they won't abandon their best selling line", so I think, sooner or later, something new will arrive. The game has some problems, but the situation is far from being so desperate to justify a new edition. So, yeah, I'm positive at this regard

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Anyone against the idea of "Packs". Small expansions that come with fewer big changes instead just a few tweaks. I have a few ideas but,  reconciling the dilution of expacs and things make it harder. Maybe screnario packs that just add or replace a few replacements giving a seperate unique encounter deck for those places as well as a few extra rules or sort of permanant enivoment-style cards, to make those locatons more important. Maybe more things not meant to be played with every game and more special events to mix up the game. Say a pack of 8-10 encounter cards a few big tokens to replace existing loctions, a couple of other cards, and a new pack specific Great One or Herald.  

#4 No1Sciguy

No1Sciguy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

just Logan said:

Anyone against the idea of "Packs". Small expansions that come with fewer big changes instead just a few tweaks. I have a few ideas but,  reconciling the dilution of expacs and things make it harder. Maybe screnario packs that just add or replace a few replacements giving a seperate unique encounter deck for those places as well as a few extra rules or sort of permanant enivoment-style cards, to make those locatons more important. Maybe more things not meant to be played with every game and more special events to mix up the game. Say a pack of 8-10 encounter cards a few big tokens to replace existing loctions, a couple of other cards, and a new pack specific Great One or Herald.  

Sounds good to me.  Just let me know where to send my money.sonreir

#5 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

I would like that too.  I wouldn't mind side games based on AH, like a board for each other world that is a game unto itself.    That would be a fun game to play once in a while other than the main game.

#6 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

I also wouldn't mind to see some boards as expeditions.  Like a Mountains of Madness board  or Australia to Pnaktos.

#7 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I think they could make a killing with Print On Demand mini-expansions that give you just some new Investigators, or Ancient Ones, or Heralds/Instituions/Whatever and some Items/Spells/Stuff.

They could even do small things that create new encounters - something like the Ancient Whispers mechanic in Curse of the Dark Pharoh.

Easy stuff and I'm sure most of us would drop some cash on those kind of things.

#8 Fake Ghost Pirate

Fake Ghost Pirate

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

just Logan said:

Cthulhu card-game players are lucky- they seem to get new packs all the time. I'd also love to see stuff like this for A-H. Maybe thematic neighborhood location encounters,  2nd areas of places like the Asylum or the Library, or even a whole deck of new encounters to replace the base game's Location and OW cards.

Of course any of us could make our own mini-expansion packs on Strange Eons….

I wish they'd at least do a series of League Scenarios each year or so…

#9 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I refuse to give up hope until there is a FULL Yig Expansion (not just a limited-edition, shame-you-weren't-in-Minnesota, Promo Ancient One Sheet).  For that matter, a wintery frozen expansion for Ithaqua is on my hope chest too.

What was that noise?

#10 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I think the days of full scale expansions are over. There is plenty of custom material out there (See http://www.boardgame...ost-here-ah-ver ) Though I'd quite like to see a fan pack contianing Dance of the Damned, Oliver Grayson, Nuthulhu, Big Yig and Faster Hastur.

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS