Photo

Where would a new player go to get a good deal on Arkham Horror?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

I haven't needed this info for a while, but a friend would like to know, and I figured, where better to ask than here? :'D  So far the best seems to be amazon?

Package deals (that are actually deals) would also be something worth mentioning.  Thanks in advance.

#2 Full Doom Track

Full Doom Track

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

I would ALWAYS recommend to you look at your local game store since supporting them is the best thing.

However, in the event you can't get your local shop to order it or give you a good deal on it, you can get it on Amazon.  It's probably your best bet.

#3 CrusherJoe

CrusherJoe

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

My local store is pretty competitive with pricing, telling me that they really just want to stay in business because they enjoy it.  I like that, and will be picking up as much as I can from them.  That said, my core game came used form ebay for a steal.  But I'm the patient sort, and pounce only when the time is right.  I'm still looking there for Dunwich, since my LGS says they can't get it. 

#4 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Full Doom Track said:

I would ALWAYS recommend to you look at your local game store since supporting them is the best thing.

However, in the event you can't get your local shop to order it or give you a good deal on it, you can get it on Amazon.  It's probably your best bet.

I always *do* buy from my local game store; however, not everyone wants to do that.

Anyway, thanks for confirming that Amazon's the way to go for him, probably.  I'll give him his options and let him decide ;')

@Crusher  He wants it for Christmas, so he'll probably do an Amazon rush shipment (I'd guess).

#5 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

CrusherJoe said:

My local store is pretty competitive with pricing, telling me that they really just want to stay in business because they enjoy it.  I like that, and will be picking up as much as I can from them.  That said, my core game came used form ebay for a steal.  But I'm the patient sort, and pounce only when the time is right.  I'm still looking there for Dunwich, since my LGS says they can't get it. 

FFG just reprinted Dunwich again, so check with your LGS. They should be able to get it now. My distributor listed it this week with their restocks.

#6 CrusherJoe

CrusherJoe

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

@JerusalemJones Thank you, Sir.  I did not know that.  An excellent use of post-Christmas fundage.

#7 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I like coolstuff

#8 dwightsboardgame

dwightsboardgame

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

just Logan said:

I like coolstuff

I buy a lot from CoolStuffInc as well, but on occassion Amazon can be competitive or they can get me a single item without me having to get to $100 for free shipping.

Having said that, it's good to check around:

http://www.boardgame....aspx?id=104375

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS