• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

I was thinking about directions this game could go, and it seems to me that the ability to choose which objectives are in play could be pretty powerful. So I was wondering what you all think of that idea? Is it too powerful, or is it a good addition that adds more strategy? Do you think we'll see cards that do that in first cycle, or do you think it will be longer? Personally, I think we'll be seeing a card or two that lets you exchange objectives pretty soon.

Some things to consider are what happens to the damage currently on an objective. Does the damage go away? Is it restricted to exchanging undamaged locations? Maybe the damage must be transferred to the new objective.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I could see that being used to off-set a potentially over-powered unit card. For instance, a unit card could have text that states, "After this unit enters play, its owner must reveal Objective X from their objective deck, and either: 1) Replace a currently undamaged objective card with Objective X, or 2) Transfer the damage from a current objective and then replace that objective with Objective X."

And, the objective that the card makes you search for could have some sort of drawback, such as no resource generation, decreases your maximum hand size, low damage capacity, maybe if it is destroyed its owner automatically loses the game….etc. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS