Wierdboy question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

The wierdboy looks like alot of fun, but I have one question: it gets +1 psy rating for every ork in 10 meters of it, but this can't bring its psy rating higher than ten. So Im wondering if you have 14 orcs nearby, and are sustaining four powers, would your psy rating be 6 or 10?

#2 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hmm. Interesting question. Ultimately, it's up to your GM, but I'd say 10, since the additional Orks aren't bringing your Psi rating above 10, just counteracting other negatives.

However, doesn't each power cost its own action to sustain?

#3 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

IIRC rogue trader has no actions used to sustain each power, like black crusade does, but I'm at work right now and can't check for sure. I am the gm in wuestion, I am just not sure which way to go. The argument for six is that with four powers sustained, you are operating at a true power level of ten still. Hence I am hoping for official word. Either way even has a benefit for the player. One way has stronger powers, the other can reduce you to safer levels on the waaagh! Scale.

#4 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I would judge that it would be 10, but if any of the orks that were bringing you "above" a functional psy rating of 10, you 'ead pop due to overload.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS