• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matt_C

Matt_C

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hey all.

I got Android: Netrunner yesterday and have been reading through the rules to set up my first game for later today. But I've hit a stumbling block: The rules say that beginners should use the Jinteki and Shaper starter decks for their games.

Doing so, though, would make it impossible to score an Agenda win, as the Jinteki Starter only has six points worth of Agendas inside it. And, after looking through the other corp starter decks, so do they.

So, yeah, I'm slightly confused as to how one should be able to get the seven points needed for an Agenda win when only six are available in the started decks…

Thanks in advance for any help,
Matt

#2 PsiLAN

PsiLAN

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

You have to use the Jinteki specific cards AND the neutral ones (in grey, with no corp logo).

Same for the Shaper deck.

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Indeed. The rule book instructs you to combine the cards of one faction with all the neutral cards to build an easy starter deck.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Page 5, top right corner, blue box, tells you how to build a starter deck for each faction.

#5 USP45

USP45

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

I think I see the confusion.

Each Agenda might be worth more than 1 point.

You don't need 7 Agenda Cards to win.  You need 7 points!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS