Escape from Dol Guldor Objective card questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have a problem with that damn Orc Jailor. If he's in the staging area after an unsuccessful quest then one of the Objective cards has to be shuffled back into the deck.

So when that card comes back out as a shadow card, and the shadow effect is then resolved, is it placed in the discard pile, only to sit there until the encounter deck runs out of cards, has to be reshuffled, and then we can only hope it comes out soon?

Or is it placed into the staging area instead?

Or…is there some other answer altogether that I'm missing?

This quest is damn hard enough without having to be stuck on quest card 2B forever…questing and fighting off enemies just hoping that Objective comes back out!

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

#2 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Unfortunately as the cards are written, then the objective would have to be discarded if it was dealt as a shadow card. Only help I can give you is to say if this keeps happening to consider putting the neutral event Shadow of the Past in your deck. This would allow you to put the top card of the discard pile onto the top of the encounter deck.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#3 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

sammann11 said:

I have a problem with that damn Orc Jailor. If he's in the staging area after an unsuccessful quest then one of the Objective cards has to be shuffled back into the deck.

So when that card comes back out as a shadow card, and the shadow effect is then resolved, is it placed in the discard pile, only to sit there until the encounter deck runs out of cards, has to be reshuffled, and then we can only hope it comes out soon?

Or is it placed into the staging area instead?

Or…is there some other answer altogether that I'm missing?

This quest is damn hard enough without having to be stuck on quest card 2B forever…questing and fighting off enemies just hoping that Objective comes back out!

Indeed the answer is the first one… And that is what you could say "damn bad luck"….

Shadow of the past is in fact a good card for that situation.

"Risk Some Light" and "The End Comes"  may help also

Carlos José Matos

#4 dicjones

dicjones

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I've just started playing and as a result haven't run into the "objective card as a shadow card" situation but I was wondering what to do in this situation. I think I might have to impose some sort of house rule here. Maybe a redraw of the shadow card and shuffle the objective card back into the deck or something.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS