Photo

errata old cards to give them unique pilot upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

just a thought, would is be wise for them to errata "Red Squadron Xwing" and "Storm Squadron TIEadv" so that they gain the ability to equip pilot upgrades? The regular TIE gets one in the form of Black Squadron pilot for +3 points over the Academy TIE, and the TIE/in gets the same thing in the form of Saber Squadron, which is also 4 ps and +3 points over the cheapest TIE/in. Even the Green Squadron Awing has the upgrade, and it is only +2 points and has 3 ps. I can understand Ywings not getting any, since not even Horton has a slot for the upgrade, but it's a bit harsh if the already very underused Red Squadron Xwing and Storm Squadron TIEadv doesnt have them when they have similiar costs as their counterparts flying other ships who do have the slot for the upgrade

#2 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

No errata please! Just give us a new generic non-unique X-Wing with the pilot upgrade, like Veteran Pilot rather than Rookie Pilot.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters, 1 Lambda

25 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 76 kills versus 48 losses

#3 Klaus Kewerkly

Klaus Kewerkly

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Personally I anticipate second releases of the currently available ships down the line with new pilots attached, and "elite generics" for the X-Wing and TIE Advanced at that time.  Rogue Squadron Pilot screams to be made a 4 skill generic X-Wing with elite pilot attached.

And I really want them to errata poor Horton Salm to have an elite icon.  I think errata would fit well there just so he doesn't buck the trend anymore.

#4 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Klaus Kewerkly said:

And I really want them to errata poor Horton Salm to have an elite icon.  I think errata would fit well there just so he doesn't buck the trend anymore.

same here, imagine the amount of hurt he could dish out with 2 set of torps and deadeye

#5 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

I am fully expecting them to re-release X-wings, perhaps as a repaint. I foresee it containing a skill 4 or 5 Rogue Squadron Pilot that kind of matches the the Black and Saber Squadron Pilots. It seems like a no-brainer to me. I would LOVE to see Rogue Squadron show up.

Still a little bit of a bummer about the Storm Squadron Pilot, but with TIE interceptors, who's going to field generic TIE advanced?

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#6 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Parakitor said:

I am fully expecting them to re-release X-wings, perhaps as a repaint. I foresee it containing a skill 4 or 5 Rogue Squadron Pilot that kind of matches the the Black and Saber Squadron Pilots. It seems like a no-brainer to me. I would LOVE to see Rogue Squadron show up.

Still a little bit of a bummer about the Storm Squadron Pilot, but with TIE interceptors, who's going to field generic TIE advanced?

you still have to if you want your missiles. just picture something like 2 tempest with assault missiles that would herald the end of the world and destroy the game as we know it

#7 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Duraham said:

Parakitor said:

you still have to if you want your missiles. just picture something like 2 tempest with assault missiles that would herald the end of the world and destroy the game as we know it

Yeah, but Soontir Fel with Focus (from a stress token) + Evade stands a good chance of dodging those missiles in the first place. I'm not worried about Assault Missiles in the least.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS