Help with this?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gondor23

gondor23

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hello I currently have a core set and the expansion HON: can you guys help me building a deck to face the new saga: or what else should I buy:

The other expansions or what adventure pack especifically?

#2 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

gondor23 said:

Hello I currently have a core set and the expansion HON: can you guys help me building a deck to face the new saga: or what else should I buy:

The other expansions or what adventure pack especifically?

I don't have the HoN expansion with me yet.

But one thing is sure, you miss a lot of cards and the quests from the HoN will be very frustrating….

You should buy, if, possible, in order all AP's and Expansion swo you don't miss any key cards.

If you like dwarf theme decks then KD and Dwarrowdelf cycle is a must along with Return to Mirkwood (Dain is an absolute must have in dwarf decks)

Carlos José Matos

#3 impaulm

impaulm

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

HoN will be pretty tough with just the core set unforturtunately.

Going in order of original release is a good way to enjoy this game. The Mirkwood cycle was made with the core player cards in mind, and you should find a good degree of success in those quests.  HoN was designed with the mindset that a much larger pool of cards are now available, and I think make things much more challenging. 

That being said, I think taking Beravor to give you access to the ranger cards such as ranger spikes and forest snare could be a good start. Beregond would be great for defense and to bring along some other heavy attackers. Then maybe another lore or tactics hero. 

You could also go the route of Aragorn and Theodred so that Aragorn always has two actions per turn. Pair them with a spirit hero like Dunhere who can attack into the staging area, or Eowyn who can help when questing returns to willpower. This lacks good defense though…

Beating HoN with only it and the core set will be rough, but maybe I'll try to create a decklist to try. 

Good luck!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS