Any "Unique" ness to the game?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Qui-Jan

Qui-Jan

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I just started playing and I'm looking forward to the Kessel Run this weekend. Could I have multiple Vader's on a team or Luke's? Can I have multiple upgrades on the same ship too? Trying to build a team for the first time. Thanks for your time guys.

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Some pilots and upgrades have a small dot (*) next to the title--Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and R2-D2, for instance. Those game elements are unique, as described on page 18 of the English rulebook, and you can only field one of any unique card at a time. (You can have both Luke and R2-D2, but you can't put a second R2-D2 on Wedge Antilles.)

Not all pilots can have upgrades. The category of upgrade available for each ship is indicated in a bar at the bottom of the card--Darth Vader, for instance, can take up to one elite talent card (the medallion) and one missile. A Rookie Pilot in an X-wing can have one astromech, but no other upgrades. This is described in more detail on page 19 of the rulebook.

… and welcome to the game! Good luck!

#3 Qui-Jan

Qui-Jan

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just found it under Unique Names on page 18. I see that there are two Proton Torpedoes upgrade icons on the Y-Wings, so I can use two of these cards on the same Y-Wing then?

#4 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Qui-Jan said:

Just found it under Unique Names on page 18. I see that there are two Proton Torpedoes upgrade icons on the Y-Wings, so I can use two of these cards on the same Y-Wing then?

That is correct, though to be honest, I have not seen this be effective yet as it makes the Y-Wing too expensive.

#5 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I just used two proton torp cards on a Y-wing last weekend.  Of course it was making gunnery runs down a Death Star trench.

Enimo Et Fide

#6 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

godofcheese said:

Qui-Jan said:

That is correct, though to be honest, I have not seen this be effective yet as it makes the Y-Wing too expensive.

people tend to run 2 torps on Horton, due to his ability

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS