• 3,326 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3795

#2 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Huh. I really thought that all of the text on the card was going to be written in aurebesh, not just the title and (if applicable) flavor text, with the familiar card image serving to allow non-fluent players to quickly identify the card and what it does. Still cool, I guess, but as such it's nowhere near the "neat-o" factor of the Tengwar cards in Decipher's Lord of the Rings CCG.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

I understand the rules text remaining in English.  Sure the player who wins the cards probably knows what they do, but maybe his or her opponent doesn't.  Granted it's easy enough to have a normal copy with you to reference, but it saves everyone trouble to keep the card readable.  Would have been cool, though.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

We knew when these were announced at the World championship weekend that only the title and flavor text would be changed so that the cards could still be used in actual decks. If they were all Aurebesh they would just be pretty cards that sit in binders.

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

I did not know this, unfortunately. After watching the video again, I see where I made the error. As someone who is able to read Aurebesh, when Steve said that "no mechanics will be changed," I somehow interpreted that to mean that the rules text would be printed in Aurebesh but remain otherwise the same. It's a little disappointing to me, but not enough that I wouldn't want to have them.

#6 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Aside from perhaps causing confusion when playing against someone unfamiliar with the text of the card, I think a big problem is that Aurebesh takes up too much space to feasibly render even a medium length card text.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS