question on critical hit card. Minor Explosion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I was playing a game last night to introduce my friend to this awsome game and he scored a critical hit on one of my ships and i pulled this card.

Minor Explosion :  [ Ship ] Immediately roll 1 attack die. on a regular hit result suffer 1 damage. Then flip this card face down.

My question is how much damage do i actually take on this card? my friend was trying to argue that i actually suffer 2 damge on for taking the critical hit then the second hit for the effect of the card.  I was sure that I only took one damage due to the card effect.  so Just exactly how much damage do I take?

thanks in advance, some of the wording on the crit cards are a little confusing at times.

scythe of the empire

#2 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

You receive a critical hit card.

The card drawn is minor explosion.

You roll an attack die.

1)  If a regular hit icon is rolled, draw another damage card and flip this critical card over (as the critical effect has been applied and it turns into a regular damage card).  Result: 2 damage total.

2) If anything else is rolled, even a critical hit icon, then no additional damage is applied.  Flip this critical card over (as the critical effect has been applied and it turns into a regular damage card).  Result: 1 damage total

#3 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Not much of a critical hit is it, if it only does 0 or 1 damage.  So your answer is 1 and another possible 1 with the die roll.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS