Photo

Why doesn't Horton Salm get a pilot upgrade icon?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klaus Kewerkly

Klaus Kewerkly

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I know this isn't a rules question per se and I don't particularly expect a cogent answer.  I just think it's screwed up that every other named pilot of skill 7 or above gets an elite pilot slot, and some skill 3 and 4 nameless jokers get 'em too (see: Black Squadron, newly spoiled A-Wing and Interceptor pilots), and poor Salm doesn't.  It's a raw deal for the Y-Wing and I for one would love to see this called an error and changed in an errata document.  Frankly I do wonder if it's intentional as Salm's more of a sore thumb than ever now that we've seen reliable icons on the Wave 2 pilots.

#2 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Klaus Kewerkly said:

I know this isn't a rules question per se and I don't particularly expect a cogent answer.  I just think it's screwed up that every other named pilot of skill 7 or above gets an elite pilot slot, and some skill 3 and 4 nameless jokers get 'em too (see: Black Squadron, newly spoiled A-Wing and Interceptor pilots), and poor Salm doesn't.  It's a raw deal for the Y-Wing and I for one would love to see this called an error and changed in an errata document.  Frankly I do wonder if it's intentional as Salm's more of a sore thumb than ever now that we've seen reliable icons on the Wave 2 pilots.

I agree that I would love to see a Y-Wing pilot with an elite pilot upgrade slot, though maybe on a future Y-Wing card (when they do some card sets without ships…*hoping*).  I think Dutch or Horton might actually be a little too good with an upgrade combined with either of their very effective pilot abilities (for their current point cost).

I also had the thought that FFG simply decided that a barrel-rolling Y-Wing might be a little crazy.  :o)

Edited to add:  I am also absolutely going to try 'Boosted' Y-Wings (Engine Upgrade), just to see how silly that gets. And just to say I tried it. 

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s, 4 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 Phantoms

#3 gunslinger7827

gunslinger7827

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

His sole purpose in this game is hunter killer, screw up formations. by that , i mean, first two shots proton torpedo, third shot on, ion cannon. with rerolling blanks at 2-3, if he ismatched with dutch, hegets free target lock, then uses own action to focus. the rules state if things happen simultaneously then the players whos turn it is decides. so dutch gives horton TL, horton takes focus, horton shoots proton torpedo rolls 1 crit 1 hit 1 focus and 1 blank. hortons ability rerolls blank and gets eye, now having 1 hit, 1 crit, and 2 eyes. proton torlpedo says change 1 eye to crit thend spend focus to change remaining eye to hit. against any ship in the game, guarunteed to get at least 1 crit through unless shooting through asteroid then chances r still high yiu get a crit through. rule breaking and tactics explained…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS