• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kolorek

kolorek

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hello adventure seekers,

I am attacking a player who is in possession of the shield of defiance. Having that object means that the strength or craft matches the attacker's values if they are lesser ( and not the base value but the current value - that is pretty clear to me )

ATTACKER stats: strength : 4+ object = 5 , craft : 4+ magic object = 5 and a magic object giving + 1 during psychic combat

DEFENSER stats: strength 6, craft 7

now attacker has a warhorse …:) 

so .. Is the shield of defiance good to use ? Or is it invalid ?

please hurry with the response before he divorced me .. ;)

Priest.

#2 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Yes, however there are situations where the total between the attacker and the defender would be different, for example if the attacker is the Valkyrie he will have a +1 over the defender even if the defender has the Shield of Defiance since the +1 is added to your attack roll. Keep in mind that the Ancient Artifact also add a bonus to your attack roll but in this case this bonus comes from a magic object and therefore will also be added to the defender.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS