Off the boat!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

In case anyone hasn't seen yet, the status of the game has been updated from "On the Boat" to "Shipping Now."  And there was much rejoicing.

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!! I checked that page a couple times today with no change. I'm glad it finally did change status!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Budgernaut said:

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!! I checked that page a couple times today with no change. I'm glad it finally did change status!

I had been doing the same thing through the day… had given up when I saw someone mention it over on teamcovenant.

#4 Boose30

Boose30

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

so how long do you think itll roughtly take for it to get to the stores?

#5 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

It should take 7-10 days. That puts the game in stores between the 18th and the 21st. Last Friday they said the release was two weeks out, and if shipping is on the long end this time, that's exactly what we'll see: two weeks from last Friday.

What concerns me is how they'll release it. It seems like X-Wing was supposed to be a coordinated release, but the big companies stabbed FFG in the back and released the core as soon as they had it. I was really disappointed then, but this time around I'm hoping stores will start selling it right away. My biggest issue is that I preordered, but I have a narrow window between travels in which I'll be able to actually get it in the mail. The sooner the online store can send out my copy, the more likely I'll have it before travelling, so I hope they don't wait until the 21st to mail out to the customers.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#6 stemranpower

stemranpower

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

LOVE IT!!!

WILL GOING TO BUY 2 BOX RIGHT AFTER ITS RELEASE!!

Thanks for information!!

#7 Andur Saibot

Andur Saibot

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I am from Spain and my local retailer has assured me that they will have it next week, almost surely on thursday if not before. So…

COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION!

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

I'm hoping that the reason for the late change in status yesterday is that they were too busy getting the game shipped all day to update the website until late. Something about the holidays brings out the optimist in me.

#9 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

dbmeboy said:

I'm hoping that the reason for the late change in status yesterday is that they were too busy getting the game shipped all day to update the website until late. Something about the holidays brings out the optimist in me.

That's so adorable :D

Being in Germany, I probably won't have the game until after Christmas -- hopefully before the new year, though, but who knows.

#10 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I was also worried about the shipping, so I called the company I pre-ordered through and they were awesome about changing the shipping address to where I'm going to be most of December. Now it'll either be waiting for me there, or It'll get there a little after I do. And there was still much rejoicing

#11 Stunami

Stunami

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

Budgernaut said:

It should take 7-10 days. That puts the game in stores between the 18th and the 21st. Last Friday they said the release was two weeks out, and if shipping is on the long end this time, that's exactly what we'll see: two weeks from last Friday.

What concerns me is how they'll release it. It seems like X-Wing was supposed to be a coordinated release, but the big companies stabbed FFG in the back and released the core as soon as they had it. I was really disappointed then, but this time around I'm hoping stores will start selling it right away. My biggest issue is that I preordered, but I have a narrow window between travels in which I'll be able to actually get it in the mail. The sooner the online store can send out my copy, the more likely I'll have it before travelling, so I hope they don't wait until the 21st to mail out to the customers.

Actually, I'm glad this and X-wing got staggered releases.  Had they both dropped close to each other, I may have ditched one for the other, and not had time to enjoy both.  

#12 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Stunami said:

Budgernaut said:

Actually, I'm glad this and X-wing got staggered releases.  Had they both dropped close to each other, I may have ditched one for the other, and not had time to enjoy both.  

I agree. What I meant by "coordinated release", however, is that all stores were supposed to release the game simultaneously, but Target started selling the game as soon as it was in stock, rather than waiting for the release date FFG gave them. I wasn't suggeting the card game and miniatures game were supposed to be coordinated.

--Count Dooku

#13 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Yeah man Target sucked when it did that, I drove to like 5 targets all over the west coast looking for the game and none of them had it, next day it got released but when i went to my local gaming store they hadnt gotten it so i drove an hour down to portland to get it. They had it as well as the expansion ships, but on the way back i get a call from my lgs telling me they just got it in lol.

Well I was hoping for good gaming news today and i guess this is as close as i will get. (Was hoping for surprise release). But ah well. Budger contact me on Skype and we can chat about that afm question u had.  My SN is lordyagyu

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#14 LMKComaBlack

LMKComaBlack

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Good news, everyone!  I work at a FLGS, and I just got off the phone with one of our distributors.  They are planning to ship on Thursday, but hope for Wednesday, so brick and mortar game stores should have them by Friday, Thursday if we are lucky.

#15 Boose30

Boose30

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

LMKComaBlack said:

Good news, everyone!  I work at a FLGS, and I just got off the phone with one of our distributors.  They are planning to ship on Thursday, but hope for Wednesday, so brick and mortar game stores should have them by Friday, Thursday if we are lucky.

do you mean 12/14 friday or 12/21 friday??

#16 LMKComaBlack

LMKComaBlack

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

12/21.  else i'd have made a big deal about shipping today/tomorrow.

#17 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

12/21 is also likely too late for most people who preordered online to get it by Christmas… :-(

#18 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

dbmeboy said:

12/21 is also likely too late for most people who preordered online to get it by Christmas… :-(

I payed the extra $6 for priority shipping, so I'm still crossing my fingers for Christmas Eve. But if it doesn't make it in time, I hope it'll at least reach me by the day after Christmas.

--Count Dooku

#19 wormiespice

wormiespice

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

my local shop said they hope to have it on tuesday and i live in the uk

#20 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Just got off the phone with Miniature Market, adding a second core to my order. He said it should ship out tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest.

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS