#1 NinjaDorg

NinjaDorg

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi guys,

Following FFG's announcement of their new LOTR Nightmare scenarios pack here:

http://fantasyflight...s.asp?eidn=3792

I've posted a preview of our experiences with these adventures on my blog here for your perusal:

http://ratdorg.blogs...rings-card-gam…

Enjoy!

#2 NinjaDorg

NinjaDorg

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ugh.  Apologies for the fugly formatting…  :(

#3 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Great read! Thanks for posting!! sonreir

#4 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Some interesting stuff in here to be sure - and it sounds like they had some good ideas for difficult cards ready to use on this new mode.

Can you tell me, was your copy PoD or are the kits avaliable to stores made with standard cards? (if it was PoD was the difference in cardstock enough to warn you when a new or old card was coming up next).

#5 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, how were you able to play this?

#6 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Great, thorough post. I wonder if we'll eventually see nightmare cards for any other scenarios?

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#7 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Raven1015 said:

Great, thorough post. I wonder if we'll eventually see nightmare cards for any other scenarios?

Yes. They talk about it like the first "cycle" of them.

#8 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

A Nightmare Version of Escape from Dol Guldur? Seriously?!?

#9 NinjaDorg

NinjaDorg

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hi guys, 

FFG have generously provided me with another Nightmare expansion exclusive, so if you want to see a couple of card previews from the forthcoming Nightmare expansion head on over to my blog here:

Enjoy!

#10 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

leptokurt said:

Yes, it has: "Forced: If you control a character: Lose the game".

It is a little bit harder than the original, but they hadn't much room to work on.

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#11 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

cordeirooo said:

leptokurt said:

It is a little bit harder than the original, but they hadn't much room to work on.

estrella (best i had to show my appreciation of your post)

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#12 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

cordeirooo said:

leptokurt said:

LOL, yeah!

But seriously, it was some weeks ago when I started playing again after a longer break (got busy playing Mage Knight). I chose to play DG, because I thought with all those cards of the Dwarrowdelf Expansion it wouldn't be as hard as it used to be. Turned out that I still lost 90 percent of my games because most of the decks just didn't work at all. I got frustrated and started to write a longer post that included some FFG bashing and suggestions how this scenario could be made more enjoyable for the majority of the players (I consider myself as a rather good player, so if I get frustrated by DG, how does the average player feel?). However, that post got lost before I could post it (I bet it was Necromancer's Reach or some unknown shadow effect). My rant was that FFG could have implented all these suggestions by giving their customers an updated solo variant of the scenario. And now they finally update the old adventures (which is awesome!), but instead of making DG more accessable, they decided to make it even more frustrating. Surely they must have heard that a vast majority of the players is unhappy about the solo variant of this adventure? And that a lot of players play this game only in solo mode?

#13 Eric W

Eric W

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Sorry, I had to stop reading your blog after the 1st paragraph.  The combination on grey background with black back shading and white letters made my eyes hurt and TBH that's a very rare thing to happen.

#14 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Eric W said:

Sorry, I had to stop reading your blog after the 1st paragraph.  The combination on grey background with black back shading and white letters made my eyes hurt and TBH that's a very rare thing to happen.

That's a shame, because it was quite entertaining.

I think it's interesting that some people have no difficulties to read white on black while others are irritated to no end. I was once told that for PowerPoint it's best to use white on black, but when I did so roughly a third of the studs said thye would have preferred the classical black on white. Next time it's going to be pink on yellow, thanks!

#15 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

leptokurt said:

Eric W said:

That's a shame, because it was quite entertaining.

I think it's interesting that some people have no difficulties to read white on black while others are irritated to no end. I was once told that for PowerPoint it's best to use white on black, but when I did so roughly a third of the studs said thye would have preferred the classical black on white. Next time it's going to be pink on yellow, thanks!

black on white is easier on the eyes for me,my blog has black on white, however for photography i prefer a black background to help the images stand out

guess it depends what youre using it for

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#16 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Eric W said:

Why don't you try copy-pasting it in other place like word or something?

#17 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

These sound awesome! Thanks for the review.

So what all is included with the Nightmare stuff. Is it pretty much just some newer cards for the encounter deck? Is it newer versions of the same cards or just brand new cards? Do the Nightmare cards have their own expansion symbol?

#18 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

cordeirooo said:

leptokurt said:

Sir I believe you just won the Internet. 

#19 jackmarknow

jackmarknow

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Great read! Thanks for posting!! sonreir

#20 Migwald

Migwald

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Enjoyed your review and I now want to own these packs when they come out, problem is I know I'll lose horribly as I struggle with the normal game let alone a nightmare version! Thanks for the post.

Migwald

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS