Flesh Puppets - an antagonist idea

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Inspired by several sources I would like to bring out an idea I had for a kind of antagonist for Dark Heresy, although it orginated in the service of a Black Crusade game. Any comments and suggestions are welcome as this is kind of a first draft of the idea.

Flesh Puppets

WS: 30              

BS: -

S: 30

T: 30

Ag: 30

Int: 10 (or controllers)

WP: 10 (or controllers)

Per: 30

Fel: -

Talents: Ambidexterous, Chem Geld, Frenzy (constant state)

Traits: Fear (2), Natural Weapons, Multiple Arms, Unnatural Strength (´2), Unnatural Toughness (2), Undying, Regeneration, Flesh Puppet*, Bladed Hands**,

*Flesh Puppet: This creature’s body is the puppet of another’s will. All attempts to control of influence the creature is made against the WP of the controller and it is the controller, not the Flesh Puppet, which is actually influenced if successful, thanks to the psy-link between puppet and puppeeter. Any relevant traits or talents, such as from Beyond or Daemonic naturally if they belong to the controller.

**Bladed Hands: Due to the fact that the Flesh Puppets hands are turned into vicious talons and bone blades they have great difficulty to conduct any manuell operations that require hands, such as using weapons or cogniators. -30 to all such attempts. It also removes the Primitive Quality from the attacks and gives a Pen 3 to any unarmed melee attack.    

Creation: Flesh Puppets are created through the infusion of Warp energy into an advanced organism, like humans, either living or before any major decay of the body has taken place. They are controlled either by a Chaos tainted psyker of some sort, or inhabited by lesser Warp creatures. This is done as a plot device at the GM’s discretion. A good rule could be that Psy-rating * 5 for the numer of Flesh Puppets that a psyker can controll.

Wounds: 12

Movement: 2/4/6/12

Claws, Spikes and Blades: 1d10 Pen 3

For visuals, think Necromorphs (start the clip at about 06:00 to get what I have in mind if Necromorph don’t say you anything ;) )

#2 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I like it, pretty cool man. If I might suggest something. I would change the natural weapon to improved natural weapons. This way they loose the primitive quality and bypass armor. I made the mistake one time of throwing a Phyrr Cat at a Grey Knight and the Cat had natural weapons but the player playing the Knight was like haha because when I hit I couldn't even scratch his armor. Ah something else to note and since you have them as having unnatural toughness and strength then give them the razor sharp quality on their claws. This will give them a extra boon to the penetration on I think 2 or more DoS.

#3 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Do those stats already include the frenzy modifications?

#4 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Dramacydle said:

I like it, pretty cool man. If I might suggest something. I would change the natural weapon to improved natural weapons. This way they loose the primitive quality and bypass armor. I made the mistake one time of throwing a Phyrr Cat at a Grey Knight and the Cat had natural weapons but the player playing the Knight was like haha because when I hit I couldn't even scratch his armor. Ah something else to note and since you have them as having unnatural toughness and strength then give them the razor sharp quality on their claws. This will give them a extra boon to the penetration on I think 2 or more DoS.

Thanks. Improved Natural Weapons is an excellent idea. Razor Sharp sounds pretty good as well although I am a bit afraid that it would make these guys to powerful. I want to make them dangerous to low and medium level characters but not something that means instant death for fresh Acolytes.

PnPgamer said:

Do those stats already include the frenzy modifications?

No, they don't. Although I'm thinking that I should have added their stats as they are in the course of frenzy. My bad.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS