I'm down to deciding between these two lists. I'd hoped to try one of them out last night, but then contracted the flu or something and spent the evening in bed instead.
Red Squadron Pilot w/ Proton Torpedoes, R2-D2
Red Squadron Pilot w/ R5-K6
Rookie Pilot w/ R2 Astromech
Rookie Pilot w/ R5 Astromech
Red Squardron PIlot w/ R2-D2
Red Squadron Pilot w/ R2-F2
Rookie Pilot w/ R5-D8
Rookie Pilot w/ R5-K6
- I have a Y-Wing, but have absolutely zero ability to use one effectively, apparently.
- About 90% sure I need to run a 4 ship Rebel list to have a chance at this thing.
- Somehow, I've only got one R2 Astromech card if you're wondering why I don't include more of them.
- Meta in my neighborhood HEAVILY favors Imperial, specifically Vader + 6-ish TIE builds.
- Don't really know why I'm so insistent on running Rebels. I'm just stubborn that way I guess. I do have 5 TIEs and 2 Advanced to play with.
Basically, I need a build that can compete with the Vader + buddies build that preferably isn't the Vader + buddies build.
The only thing I've come up with that has registered even marginal success is a 4-ship Rebel list where I split the force into to two groups deployed at extreme ends of my depolyment zone. This usually makes the Imperial player focus more on one group than the other. I've only played this way a couple of times, but usually the group that gets attacked by Vader is wiped out, but my other group wipes out whoever comes after them, then all the survivors get into it. I've not had much luck throwing four ships straight at the Vader + buddies, regardless of loadout. Fully aware that it's probably because I'm not that great at playing this game yet, but my ability to maneuver, etc. isn't going to drastically change before the KRT this Sunday.
So, what do you think? All that in mind, which list should I run, or which list should I be running?