Yet Another Kessel Run List Post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

I'm working on some final tweaks for my list this weekend and was hoping for some advice.  My current squad plan is as follows:

1) Biggs Darklighter (25)

-R2-F2 (3)

2) Wedge Antillies (29)

-Proton Torpedoes (4)

-R2-D2 (4)

3) "Dutch" Vander (23)

-Proton Torpedoes (4)

-Ion Cannon Turret (5)

-R5-K6 (2)

However, I really like Expert Handling on Wedge with R2-D2.  Not as useful early game, but helps him survive once Biggs is gone.  The problem is, to add it I'd either have to cut Dutch's torpedoes or R5-K6, both of which seem like potentially more useful upgrades.  What are you guys' thoughts?

EDIT: I should add that I only bought 1 core set and each expansion x1 before I was told to stop buying myself things until after Christmas, so 3-ship rebel build is pretty much my only option unless somebody has a killer imperial build with Vader + 3 TIEs…

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

dbmeboy said:

I'm working on some final tweaks for my list this weekend and was hoping for some advice.  My current squad plan is as follows:

1) Biggs Darklighter (25)

-R2-F2 (3)

2) Wedge Antillies (29)

-Proton Torpedoes (4)

-R2-D2 (4)

3) "Dutch" Vander (23)

-Proton Torpedoes (4)

-Ion Cannon Turret (5)

-R5-K6 (2)

However, I really like Expert Handling on Wedge with R2-D2.  Not as useful early game, but helps him survive once Biggs is gone.  The problem is, to add it I'd either have to cut Dutch's torpedoes or R5-K6, both of which seem like potentially more useful upgrades.  What are you guys' thoughts?

EDIT: I should add that I only bought 1 core set and each expansion x1 before I was told to stop buying myself things until after Christmas, so 3-ship rebel build is pretty much my only option unless somebody has a killer imperial build with Vader + 3 TIEs…

Well, your edit answers my first question. (c:

I'm wary of R2-D2 on anyone except Luke (who comes with built-in defensive bonuses). As you said, he doesn't help in the early game, and he also often hasn't helped me in the late game. I like the idea of Artoo, but in practice it usually doesn't take that many rounds of focused fire to kill an X-wing--so he has a limited number of opportunities to help.

So I wouldn't cut either the torpedoes or R5-K6. Instead I would cut R2-D2, and use those 4 points to buy Expert Handling and an R2 Astromech. It gives Wedge the maneuverability you want, and also puts you at 99 points, so you stand a better chance of getting initiative. Good luck!

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hmm… that's a good idea.  I was thinking that the combo of R2-D2 and Expert Handling could keep Wedge alive in late game by barrel rolling and recovering a shield every turn, but R2 unit lets him move around much more and still barrel roll every turn… definitely a good option. (Also, I think that puts me at 98 points as my initial list was already 99)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS