Okay, a couple of questions -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

So I just played my first couple of games last night. We've got most of the basics down - save for this: what happens when you land on someone. In game, you've just hit someone, but all you do is slide backwards on the ruler? You dont take damage? Not even for a fender bender?

Can you shoot through someone? A TIe fighter is squarly between Vader and Luke. Can Vader shoot Luke (and visa versa)?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Desslok said:

So I just played my first couple of games last night. We've got most of the basics down - save for this: what happens when you land on someone. In game, you've just hit someone, but all you do is slide backwards on the ruler? You dont take damage? Not even for a fender bender?

Can you shoot through someone? A TIe fighter is squarly between Vader and Luke. Can Vader shoot Luke (and visa versa)?

Sounds like you know the answer to the first question: you slide backwards until you are just touching and lose your Perform Action step for that fighter.  If you need "in universe" justification: you didn't actually collide, but narrowly avoided it… taking enough of your attention that you could not manage your normal action.

Yes, you can shoot "through" someone without penalty (not true for asteroids, which give the defender a bonus defense die).  The "in universe" justification for that is that the dogfight is happening in 3D space, so you're really just "above" or "below" that fighter.

#3 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

However, if two ships are in base contact, neither may fire at the other.

#4 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

radiskull said:

However, if two ships are in base contact, neither may fire at the other.

Unless one of them is Arvel Crynyd! 

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#5 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Ha! Nice one! That made me laugh out loud.

#6 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'll be darned, I thought you were joking but then I saw the A Wing unboxing video. Very clever of FFG to make that Arvel's ability.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS